ground blinds

N

non-pro-archer

I'm looking at maybe getting a ground blind for me and the wife to hunt. There are 2 blinds that I like the looks of, primos blind luck and double bull double wide, does anyone have either one of them? Pros? Cons? I don't plan on leaving it out in the field so that I can use it myself and not be limited to a finding a suitable tree for a stand. If you have a blind that you like alot I'm all ears

I do not have either but I did buy a Ameristep Dominator Blind in 2010. I've only used it a hand full of times. I'd just rather be in a tree myself. The only con on mine is it's a pain to put up and take down. Most use the same design for the frame, maybe they have improved them since 2010. Good luck.

The Barronett ones are really decent blinds for a very good price. I've never had Double Bull but they get very good remarks from everyone I know that had or has one.

The Barronett ones are really decent blinds for a very good price. I've never had Double Bull but they get very good remarks from everyone I know that had or has one.
My father in law has a baronet that he doesn't use a whole lot. I helped him set it up a couple times to shoot out of in the yard and it seemed like a pain to set up. That could be because there was 2 of us trying to pull on all sides of it.

My father in law has a baronet that he doesn't use a whole lot. I helped him set it up a couple times to shoot out of in the yard and it seemed like a pain to set up. That could be because there was 2 of us trying to pull on all sides of it.

IDK. I thought my Bell Bottom Baronet was easy to set up and I was alone. I also have the Grounder 350. Same thing. I had an Ameristep and thought that was much much harder. JMHO

I had one of the original Double Bulls. It was fantastic. It got destroyed in a fire in my shed so I bought another one. It was pure crap. The quality is nothing like it used to be.

I have a Double Bull blind, but I don't know the model name. It's nice, and large enough for 2 people, and sets up real fast. The zipper is REAL LOUD, as is the window's "velcro" but that's about the only bad things. I generally only use it in bad weather.

I had one of the original Double Bulls. It was fantastic. It got destroyed in a fire in my shed so I bought another one. It was pure crap. The quality is nothing like it used to be.
That a what I was afraid of....always used to hear good things about them but it seems hit or miss now. I may check out my FILs baronet again but try to set it up by myself.

That a what I was afraid of....always used to hear good things about them but it seems hit or miss now. I may check out my FILs baronet again but try to set it up by myself.
What I do is put my forearm/elbow against the blind with my off hand and then pull on the hub with my other hand. That opposite action with your forearm pushing and your other arm pulling seems to work really well.

I have two of the Rhino XP-1 blinds. Easy to put up, take down and plenty of room, in my opinion.

Take a bow Brooks. You made a good product!

.....and that's no BULL!

Really like my double bull (from about 5 years ago). Very important to follow directions for setting up. Easy if you do; piss you off breaking things if you don't.

I bought an ameristep battle field at cabelas the other day for $89 and I'm pretty happy with it thus far. Easy to set up an plenty of room.

I have a couple of older Double Bull blinds never had a problem with them. The newest one is the Dark Horse. Batman designed a great system!!!!

Prototype in the garage. Bought all the parts at Menards and Runnings. Made this unit with no sewing machine and no hubs. Tall enough for Stu to stand up with a cowboy hat on. 10 oz duck but you could bump to a 14 or maybe even 17. Should last for years as the roof comes off when its gonna snow, but I think it will take the snow. Gonna be me in there next Tuesday with my recurve and a decoy if it cools off like they say.
IMG_0174.JPG

That blind is huge, but I guess it has to be to shoot a recurve out of it

That blind is huge, but I guess it has to be to shoot a recurve out of it

I left it set up in the back of my truck to see if it could make the 65 mile trip at 45 mph. She made it and is set up waiting for next weeks cooler temps.

I bet you got some funny looks on the road