GRIN apple scion

Hope there is enough Priscilla left for me when they get to mine.

Funny that we both got Priscilla this year. I'd be interested in all these varieties. Any xtra of coarse. Are you sure you got Mary Potter, they seem to have erased from their available (ID #588983) is not recognized in their system nor is the name Mary Potter like it shows from the Grin Catalog I have.

Crazy that Linda Sweet is considered a crab 3 inches wide thats insane! Also Waubay looks like an excellent find, nice job!

I must say GRIN has a 1 day tour each September I think it would be awesome for some of us to meet up and do that some day.

@Turkey Creek did you end up getting enough growth this year to spare a scugog scion?
I am sure I did.

[QUOTE="buckvelvet, post: 131151, member: 1

Crazy that Linda Sweet is considered a crab 3 inches wide thats insane! Also Waubay looks like an excellent find, nice job!

I grafted both Linda Sweet and Waubay last year. Funny how a lot of us pick out the same varieties to try. :cool:

Funny that we both got Priscilla this year. I'd be interested in all these varieties. Any xtra of coarse. Are you sure you got Mary Potter, they seem to have erased from their available (ID #588983) is not recognized in their system nor is the name Mary Potter like it shows from the Grin Catalog I have.

I must say GRIN has a 1 day tour each September I think it would be awesome for some of us to meet up and do that some day.

@Turkey Creek did you end up getting enough growth this year to spare a scugog scion?

Sounds like an awesome field trip
I would be in my glory walking around that place

[QUOTE="buckvelvet, post: 131151, member: 1

I grafted both Linda Sweet and Waubay last year. Funny how a lot of us pick out the same varieties to try. :cool:

I copied you Grey =)

Let's get the field trip going BV and you can make a side trip to my place if you like as I am an it that far away

Let's get the field trip going BV and you can make a side trip to my place if you like as I am an it that far away

That would be awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:eek:I just checked and am 80 miles from Geneva

My house is another 60 miles away. My farm is 80 miles from Geneva

Paul thats awesome i agree with Tc id be there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 35 miles from Geneva. :-)

Come on down and seee my place. East Smithfield PA

5707801437 is my cell number. Call or message anytime

Hey aero did you start pruning all your trees yet? How long does it take you for all trees?

Hey aero did you start pruning all your trees yet? How long does it take you for all trees?
Did not start yet as it has been a bit warm. Maybe 10 to 12 hours depending on my stamina lol. I will
Wait until early February. Never really calculated the time

No word on mine yet but I didn't place the order until Oct and it wasn't created until Nov. I'm in no rush.

i busted out my bag of GRIN wood tonight and really looked everything over. They clearly do a great job from shipping to labeling to bundling. The quality of the cuttings is top notch. Clearly gets me pumped up to get the knife out and start cutting.

Last edited:
i busted out my bag of GRIN would tonight and really looked everything over. They clearly do a great job from shipping to labeling to bundling. The quality of the cuttings is top notch. Clearly gets me pumped up to get the knife out and start cutting.

Yes it's exciting for sure
I only ordered pear scions this year since I mostly ran out of room and blank rootstock onto which to graft. I saw the other thread about pear scions, should I expect not to get any this year from grin?

Aero I'll PM you and maybe others about a possible sept trip to the grin orchard. I will be in that area 9/16 - 9/18, maybe we could try to get a group trip going if we can convince someone to turn us loose in the orchard?