Grafting Class

Diesel5610

5 year old buck +
https://www.facebook.com/events/1330865801091206/?ref=newsfeed

Figured I would post this for anyone that may be close enough and interested. I have attended this several times in the past and always learn something. You get to do a lot of practice grafts and can leave with one or two grafted trees at the end of the class. They haven't done one since Covid started, glad to see they have brought it back.

Whats the sliding scale price thing? I have been tempted to visit ithaca between cornell and cummins nursery. I need more acres than more trees right now......

Basically you pay what you feel like you can afford to pay. They leave it up to you, no pressure. It is very laid back and a good time.

Wife gave me the crazy eyes a minute ago. I can apply one kudos credit to the scheme, I just fixed her washing machine, pending no error code.......

You come home with some grafted goodies when you're done I assume. What did you graft last time?

The last time I came home with a Chestnut crab, Nova Spy and a Goldrush. I don't remember the rootstock as I gifted the trees to people.

Weston’s in southeast Wisconsin has a great class led by Dan Bussey. Highly recommend.

Dan Bussey? That would probably be a great class. Bet you could get him talking all day about the old heritage trees he wants to find and save. I have his seven volume set of The Illustrated History of Apples in the United States and Canada

Dan Bussey? That would probably be a great class. Bet you could get him talking all day about the old heritage trees he wants to find and save. I have his seven volume set of The Illustrated History of Apples in the United States and Canada
Is the set books, or videos??

Diesel,

You ever been to the Cornell Botanic Gardens? Trying to make a weekend out of this.3 and half hour drive.

Is the set books, or videos??
Books. Had come down in price a bunch before I bought it. Expect the internet websites like pomiferous.com and the like have taken the wind outta the sales of books these days.

Yup, Mr. Apple Encyclopedia himself. I attended 2 years in a row when I first started grafting. Him and Ken Weston together, yeah it was great listening to them banter.

Attachments

• 614297F5-B86E-4D41-B683-10B5E0BA621C.jpeg
    614297F5-B86E-4D41-B683-10B5E0BA621C.jpeg
    462.4 KB · Views: 0
Ahhh! Weston's THAT apple orchard. Didn't click at first. Always wanted to visit down there just to hear about all the old varieties that his family planted and time kinda forgot. Sure he has added more just because it's a passion with him now.

Just like one of these days gotta make the Madison Arboretum during crab apple bloom time. They have acres of trees and have made it down there later in the summer but not during the spring.

Diesel,

You ever been to the Cornell Botanic Gardens? Trying to make a weekend out of this.3 and half hour drive.

I am a bit embarrassed to say I have not been there. My wife works in Ithaca and I am there pretty frequently. I have just put it on our list for this spring/summer when things are in bloom.