Good luck all!

B

BJE80

I'm about to leave for my week long hunt and will be mostly out of commission posting wise. Just wanted to wish everyone an outstanding rut hunt for the next week or so. Good luck boys! May the big one walk in front of you.

I'll try and check in if cell service allows.

I'm about to leave for my week long hunt and will be mostly out of commission posting wise. Just wanted to wish everyone an outstanding rut hunt for the next week or so. Good luck boys! May the big one walk in front of you.

I'll try and check in if cell service allows.
Good luck out there. I know you've been getting a little down about your property so don't forget to have FUN this week. There is so much more to this hunting thing than big antlers.

AMEN, Bueller !!! Crisp air, fall colors, fall smells, good buddies to hunt with, and the roasting you take if you miss !!!

I got a buck down guys. He isn't big. But a decent 8. Tape says 80". 153 lbs dressed weight. I'll post pics and an update sunday or Monday.

First bow buck off our land.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a buck down guys. He isn't big. But a decent 8. Tape says 80". 153 lbs dressed weight. I'll post pics and an update sunday or Monday.

Congrats. The first from your property is always special.

Way to go BJ!

Congrats buddy!

"First bow buck off our land."

CONGRATULATIONS

Congrats on 1st bow buck off your land. I am sure there are many more to come.

So what's the story......what was your setup? Was he out cruising or was he feeding? How has the rut action been up there?

So what's the story......what was your setup? Was he out cruising or was he feeding? How has the rut action been up there?

The rut action I saw was all scent checking or traveling to scent check. I did not see any heavy chasing. In fact, I did not see one doe the entire time I hunted. Which was very very weird. Every deer I saw was a buck. I'll be writiing up a story here today. Just got back last night and am playing catch up from being gone all last week.