Good eating !!

Wow, that sure beats that plate of kiss my ass I got tonight for dinner!

Very nice huntall!

Homemade white castle sliders tonight. Mmmmmmmmmm

Wow, that sure beats that plate of kiss my ass I got tonight for dinner!

Very nice huntall!
LOL.....My dad turned 74 yesterday and I told my mom I was going to cook for him today. Figured I'd do it up right for him!

Another picture

Your killing me man!

That looks great!

The pineapple was really a great combination with the chicken.

I rolled it out from 10 gauge flat metal and built it after work in the evenings. Man.....seems a lifetime ago. I was about 22yrs old when I built it and Im still at the same shop I was back then and now im 43 yrs old.

^^^^ that is very cool story and some damn good craftsmanship! I had steaks off of an off set about 10 years ago while visiting some friend in S. Louisiana. Wanted one ever since. Not very popular up here in MN. Can't wait to load the smoker this fall with Bullheads from the ponds.
Thanks!!! That was my first big project and I took pride in building my on and didn't cut any corners. The smoker ain't even started showing much wear on it. It will do me the rest of my life for sure.

Favorite is Probably Boston butts or baby back ribs.
only thing is Boston butts take all day long. When I cook Boston butts I usually also cook chicken so I can have something that cooks fast enough to be done by lunch, and the BB will not be ready till supper.

If I had to choose my one favorite on the smoker it would have to be baby back ribs with a dry rub. Dang they are good!

Who waits for fall to get the smoker going??? Year round here. Too little time, too many tasty eats.

I bought a smoker for the cabin so I cant miss a beat. :)

Found a picture from earlier in year. I usually cook more than one kinda meat. A couple chickens or bag of leg quarters usually go on in addition to whatever else I'm cooking

^^^^ t Can't wait to load the smoker this fall with Bullheads from the ponds.

Lets find a way to make bullheads like chicken wings, buy a trailer and have some toothless southerner sell for us. I feel a booth at the Sate Fair in our future. We can put your face and name on it and I can count the cash?

Got her fired back up...

Grocery store had chicken leg qrter on sale 29 cents a pound. Got 20 pounds smoking now. I have not seen chicken that cheap in over a yr or more. I got my freezer and mom's freezer stocked up!

At the price I figured it would be the real big leg qrters. 2 ....10 # bags only had 15 pcs in them. Biggest leg qrters I ever bought, but that's ok. Gonna be good regardless.

Last edited:
Killin' me brother !!! I've got oak, hickory, and apple wood chunks out back. Guess I ought to go get some chicken and light the fire. These food - BBQ threads are killers !!! We may not kill loads of deer ......... but we all sure know how to EAT !!!!! :D ;) :eek:

Switching it up a bit from BBQ...you guys like pickled fish? Harvest time is coming; 4-5" bluegills and 6-7" black crappies make some damn good pickled fish. I sampled tonight and will be setting traps in a couple of weeks.
View attachment 6782

View attachment 6783
Iv never heard of pickled fish. Tell me about it.