Goldrush Apples

We've only had a few produced at camp, (trees are young) and they were picked by members. I can tell you the ripening time in central Pa. - zones 6 & 7 - is right around October 15th. That's when the u-pick orchards start to allow Crimson Topaz picking. I've picked Crimson Topaz at a nearby (to my home) orchard and there were a few apples on the ground the 3rd week of October - but most still on the tree. The orchard near my home location in SE Pa. was still picking Crimson Topaz around the 10th of November. CT are known to be a late apple, so I would expect hanging until at least the early part of December to be realistic. I haven't gone to that commercial orchard to check how late theirs hang - and the trees at camp have only had a couple apples on them so far. My camp is at the border of zones 5 & 6 - colder than my home area. That's the best info I have personally to this point in time.
Thanks Bows, thats good info. I am just over the border in southwestern NY so my zone would be pretty similar to your camp. I may have to graft one of these

Thanks Bows, thats good info. I am just over the border in southwestern NY so my zone would be pretty similar to your camp. I may have to graft one of these
I looked up more detailed info on Crimson Topaz. The Orange Pippin web site says Crimson Topaz will readily hang on the trees until late December, that it would be a good tree for wildlife. Being originally bred in in the Czech Republic means it can take the cold. Check out the Orange Pippin site and read up on CT and other apple varieties. Lots of good info on that site. Hope that helps.

I looked up more detailed info on Crimson Topaz. The Orange Pippin web site says Crimson Topaz will readily hang on the trees until late December, that it would be a good tree for wildlife. Being originally bred in in the Czech Republic means it can take the cold. Check out the Orange Pippin site and read up on CT and other apple varieties. Lots of good info on that site. Hope that helps.
Looking through my scion list that I have purchased and I already have one on the way. Looks like i'll be grafting one or two. Thanks for the tip on the orange pippen site too, not always easy to find hang times. Everything seems to be reported as harvest time instead.

Looking through my scion list that I have purchased and I already have one on the way. Looks like i'll be grafting one or two. Thanks for the tip on the orange pippen site too, not always easy to find hang times. Everything seems to be reported as harvest time instead.
Good luck grafting a couple Crimson Topaz. The Orange Pippin site I learned of from others on here, so just passing along helpful info !!