Global warming

If (big IF) the changes in weather that we are seeing are human driven, what is it that the average Joe American is supposed to do about it? I've planted tens of thousands of trees. I don't fly in private jets....like Al Gore and many others who say humans are killing the world do. I drive less than 12K miles annually. I recycle when feasible.

So what I am supposed to do? Buy a Tesla and make Elon Musk even more wealthy? Install solar panels in a state where the sun shines less than 60% of the time? Install a windwill so it can leak oil and kill birds? These aren't realistic solutions for the average American.

Great comment. And I agree. There is not much practically that the average Joe can do. Reduce your carbon footprint as much as you can I suppose? Recycle, solar panels, etc. I think many, many average Americans are already doing exactly the things that help. Here's the thing though...even if a typical American went "all in" and bought the windmills and solar panels and green car and all that....there are a billion Chinese who are going through a demographic transition and want all those things Americans wanted in the 20's, 30's and 40's...a car, electricity, TV, engines, etc. China is burning coal like crazy. So the American Green New Deal guy is driving around in a wind powered tinfoil car, mowing the lawn with hand clippers, and eating tofu turkey for Thanksgiving...meanwhile in China (and other developing parts of the world) they are burning coal and oil at ever increasing rates.

Now see there you go accepting media projection while not researching both sides of the argument. As everyone knows , and Catscratch will give his highly scientific studies to back me up, wheat definitely is the superior grain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reject media projection in favor of habitat gospel

Please see the letters of the Apostle Paul to the QDMAnians on the matter catalogued in the LickCreek section

Respectfully,

bill

If global warming is such a threat to mankind and we are the cause, why would politicians allow companies to buy carbon credits to keep on polluting as usual? Do you think the rich are going to participate? To me, this is just another excuse for politicians to raise our taxes.

Hey Baker, Bill Gates, who is also the largest private owner of farmland in America, has different plans than your model and mine. He wants rich countries to be 100% synthetic beef. The times they are a changing.

Change the world through law school. Used to be, start working on these kids when they're in Highschool. Sadly now, they're starting even younger.

After studying the global warming cult I have come to the conclusion their entire end game is to remove humans from the planet. The Earth is above all people and until people are gone the planet will never be safe. I’m not being sarcastic here either, that is what they’re saying when you look deep into it. That’s their ideals Me, I know that millions and millions of species have come and gone over the life of the planet so far. For people to think humans will always be here and we need to save the future for ourselves is just plain stupid. There will be a time on the planet when humans will no longer be able to be here. We will just go the way of millions of species before us. If humans could change the direction of this warming , what are we really accomplishing and at what cost. To get us another 100 years on a 100, 000 year life span?

Doesn't population growth and habitat destruction have more impact then carbon? Why aren't they talking about these issues? Because they can't figure out a way to make money off of them or they aren't politically correct subjects. If science has proven global warming is man made, why did they have to doctor the data to fit their narrative?

If (big IF) the changes in weather that we are seeing are human driven, what is it that the average Joe American is supposed to do about it? I've planted tens of thousands of trees. I don't fly in private jets....like Al Gore and many others who say humans are killing the world do. I drive less than 12K miles annually. I recycle when feasible.

So what I am supposed to do? Buy a Tesla and make Elon Musk even more wealthy? Install solar panels in a state where the sun shines less than 60% of the time? Install a windmill so it can leak oil and kill birds? These aren't realistic solutions for the average American.
Its doable I suppose. But first I want them to tell me how to control global affect of manufacturing and disposal of batteries and their motors , solar panels waste, windmill upkeep, which all have limited lifespans. I mean the landfills are one of the top 10 reasons for warming according to these prognosticators.
Next , I want to see them move to 1500 sq ft houses within 15 min of their workplace, and not a new construction. Save the trees/ozone. No A/C. No paved drives. Tell the family no more ordering shipments from China, etc as they are paying pennies /day and polluting the air beyond comprehension. So no more daily deliveries of Amazon wasting fuel. No more fancy shoes, jeans, broad heads, etc. And children, only one car /family. Waste of fuel. You must now walk or take the electric bus. Only one TV, limited phones. Dozer the malls and parking lots replanting clover grains and trees. No gyms, get your exercise mowing your small yard with a push rotary mower. Drink from faucet. as we are no longer drinking manufactured water from plastic bottles thrown in our plastic garbage bags. No more eating out as that just adds to waste
Sorry kids but limited vacations, and certainly can't fly. And no big SUV to travel in and keep the windows rolled down in the 98 deg heat as A/C is waste of energy not including the evil coolant required to make it work. Schools need to remain small with large classroom numbers to conserve. Go to local college. Etc.
Now when I see these gurus following any amount of these guidelines then I will gladly hop on the bandwagon of save the earth, if they begin to use common sense of its methods.
Until then, I'm leaving next week on a jet /gasp!! to Fl escaping global warming Siberia to play golf on a filled in swamp that once produced carbon reducing Oxygen now covered in manicured, heavily sprayed, and chemically treated turf, using my made in China golf balls and clubs. I just hope the windmill is spinning fast enough to recharge my electric rental!! Peace

Unfortunately it literally has to show up at their front door one day. That’s one thing so insidious about it... it’s just slow enough we’re very likely to wait to take real action before it’s too late; there’s a very reasonable argument we’re at that point already.

last Paragraph in the 1975 global cooling article says about the same thing you just said about global warming.

Oh wait, it’s not global warming anymore because that couldn’t be defended. It’s climate change now because that can’t be argued.

Where do we send our money to fix this?

Wait, no need to send any money, the politicians will take it from us and handle everything. Thank god for those politicians. I mean with out them we might have to stay in our houses and live in fear. Pun intended. “Two weeks to slow the spread.”

Maybe if we wear 3 masks ?????

only liberals ,only cage!! The science is settled, screen,tube,and cage IS the only way.

Wait, no need to send any money, the politicians will take it from us and handle everything. Thank god for those politicians.
We're in such a time of emergency that our federal politicians have taken the week off :emoji_rolling_eyes:

Wouldn't 4 mask be even better and make them out of plastic? That way no covid virus could enter or exit!!! LOL
I think the only way to be absolutely sure is to put about 10 layers of shrink wrap around your head to be sure to create a protective barrier. Politicians should all do it first just to show everyone that it works.

Doesn't population growth and habitat destruction have more impact then carbon? Why aren't they talking about these issues? Because they can't figure out a way to make money off of them or they aren't politically correct subjects. If science has proven global warming is man made, why did they have to doctor the data to fit their narrative?
Bingo - we have a winner. Every other species of plant or animal that are perceived to be causing problems due to overpopulation, we humans control through hunting, culling, trapping, poisoning, sterilization, etc. But we are very hesitant to do anything to control humans. I believe it would be much easier to get to where some think we need to be by controlling population. China has taken steps in that direction. Can you imagine the outrage if our govt put a limit on the number of kids you could have?

last Paragraph in the 1975 global cooling article says about the same thing you just said about global warming.

Oh wait, it’s not global warming anymore because that couldn’t be defended. It’s climate change now because that can’t be argued.

Where do we send our money to fix this?

Wait, no need to send any money, the politicians will take it from us and handle everything. Thank god for those politicians. I mean with out them we might have to stay in our houses and live in fear. Pun intended. “Two weeks to slow the spread.”

This is only the one zillionth time the global cooling craze of the 1970s has been cited as proof that there’s nothing to worry about, when in fact you can find plenty of information that clarifies warming was getting more scientific attention even at that time.
2a79d4880fb6943b9d09136d6bd43ed8.jpg

I've read in multiple sources that tillage agriculture releases approximately 30% of the annual carbon emitted into the atmosphere.
What is your source on that? Our EPA shows Ag comprising a total of 10%. This figure is for greenhouse gases by economic sector in 2016.

greenhouse.png

Bingo - we have a winner. Every other species of plant or animal that are perceived to be causing problems due to overpopulation, we humans control through hunting, culling, trapping, poisoning, sterilization, etc. But we are very hesitant to do anything to control humans. I believe it would be much easier to get to where some think we need to be by controlling population. China has taken steps in that direction. Can you imagine the outrage if our govt put a limit on the number of kids you could have?

Population x Affluence x Technology = Pollution... but good luck, as a politician, mentioning population control! You’ll get seven votes.

That's a Dem conundrum. White leftists hate large families. My mom's elderly siblings didn't even congratulate us when we had our 4th child. They started asking after our 1st and 2nd if we were done. Meaning, they wanted us to be done. Black Dems promote many children in single family households. It's where the money is.

Hey Baker, Bill Gates, who is also the largest private owner of farmland in America, has different plans than your model and mine. He wants rich countries to be 100% synthetic beef. The times they are a changing.

Change the world through law school. Used to be, start working on these kids when they're in Highschool. Sadly now, they're starting even younger.

I saw that article. Curious position considering the cost of synthetic meat is many times that of 'real' meat and the nutritional profile very low. Shallow thinking IMO when we learn that grazing herbivores will become a part of the solution vs. source of the problem. A buddy of mine used to run the Gates farms worldwide. Interesting stories. I don't look to Gates for solutions on most things.

Optomistically, Ted Turner the largest landowner in the U.S. and General Mills have both hired Understanding Ag--a consultancy firm specializing in regenerative agriculture--- to employ regenerative agriculture on properties they control. Nonetheless I still contend that the real change will come from the bottom up. Conventional agriculture is the major contributor to atmospheric carbon. Changes currently occurring in agriculture will reverse that and is not driven by the U.S govt, Al Gore, Leonardo DeCaprio, the Paris Climate Accord etc but by farmers working symbiotically with nature increasing their profits at the same time.

Like stated above, all the politicians and celebrities waving the end of the world flag would have a lot more credibility if they walked the talk. Hypocrisy diminishes credibility . Do the activities of humans contribute to climatic responses. I think probably. But I also think humans will naturally seek functional solutions over time that are self correcting. In the mean time, I'm keeping my airplane!