Getting more prelevant.

Tap

5 year old buck +
This weed showed up about 6 or so years ago. I thought someone called it Fire Weed on the old forum, but when I google fire weed, it doesn't show this plant.
Seems to handle light shade but will also spread into plots. Very shallow rooted and easy to pull.
Its yet another weed that has floaters (for spreading seeds I presume). It hasn't flowered here yet so I don't have flower pics.
Deer don't browse it.
Any ideas?
93af2f8e6b3b6d73d8f2a3d3417606e7.jpg
5a095d99f49b14b9aa72e17dd4ec13dd.jpg
92bd72c3d7bd7b86c5e163116fe620c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OK, Mr. Tap ………………. How long have you been growing opium poppies ?? There are 6 of us DEA agents watching you …...……...… :emoji_spy::emoji_sunglasses::emoji_sunglasses::emoji_sunglasses::emoji_sunglasses::emoji_sunglasses:.

I actually haven't seen that weed before. I'll be interested to see what it is. There's always something new to find.

I am very curious too. I just found this same weed in my clover plot last night.

My new App says it’s American burnweed. Be interesting to compare when it flowers.

My new App says it’s American burnweed. Be interesting to compare when it flowers.
We have a winner. It's native so it's a little easier to accept. This link says that it spreads by seed, so I must have had a lot of floaters drift in. I keep pulling it but it just keeps popping up in adjacent spots. I started to wonder if it was spreading by roots or rhizomes...apparently not.
Thanks Rit.
http://www.skymeadows.info/american-burnweed

OK, Mr. Tap ………………. How long have you been growing opium poppies ?? There are 6 of us DEA agents watching you …...……...… :emoji_spy::emoji_sunglasses::emoji_sunglasses::emoji_sunglasses::emoji_sunglasses::emoji_sunglasses:.

I actually haven't seen that weed before. I'll be interested to see what it is. There's always something new to find.
The poppy plants distract attention away from the meth lab.

Dam
We have a winner. It's native so it's a little easier to accept. This link says that it spreads by seed, so I must have had a lot of floaters drift in. I keep pulling it but it just keeps popping up in adjacent spots. I started to wonder if it was spreading by roots or rhizomes...apparently not.
Thanks Rit.
http://www.skymeadows.info/american-burnweed
Damn I loaded your photo into the App and it gave me a few options. Glad it worked out.

Another name for it is Pilewort.

Last year it was everywhere around here and this year you hardly see it. That's not uncommon with some annuals.

Try to be watching when the seed start turning loose. The least little breeze will carry them hundreds of yards. And you can see it very easily.

Try to be watching when the seed start turning loose. The least little breeze will carry them hundreds of yards. And you can see it very easily.
Yeah, just like Canada Thistle :emoji_angry: Except that I don't despise Pilewort/burnweed like I do thistle. When I see millions of thistle floaters in the air, I feel like crying.

I’ve seen it come in big after a burn then pretty much gone the next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What app do you use?

What app do you use?
It’s called “PictureThis” It isn’t always right but if you adjust picture angles and lighting you can get different results. I would say it has been right more than it has been wrong.

The poppy plants distract attention away from the meth lab.

It's like a nurse crop for the illicite production of drugs... i like it

^^^^^^^ I knew I was on to something ……………..... :emoji_spy: