All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas can vent caps

scott44

5 year old buck +
Maybe I'm the only one who didn't know these existed bit I installed them on all my gas/fuel cans today. I saw and I think it was on here some guys were using valve stems and taking the guts out and using them so I googled it and came across these on Amazon 10 for $7 so I bought them. The ad on Amazon says you need a 31/64ths drill bit so I thought no way I had one of those but wrong I had one in a set so now no more spilled gas/fuel and the cans breath better, just drill a 31/64th hole and snap it in.

https://www.amazon.com/YELLOW-Chilton-Briggs-Rotopax-Rubbermaid/dp/B00MNC6L24

7cbxzhc.jpg

W4S8Vj0.jpg

GeJRa9x.jpg

I buy a kit with a "standard" nozzle to replace that BS new style and the kit comes with a vent like you show.
Yep local hardware store has the same kit

I buy a kit with a "standard" nozzle to replace that BS new style and the kit comes with a vent like you show.

Which kit works well for you?

That beats what I've been using. I've been putting tire valve stems with the insert removed in my cans for years.

It's a shame what the EPA, government regulations and Ambulance chasers did to the functional old gas can....

Glad you posted these I had no clue they were available.

Fleet Farm has those kits for like 13 bucks. It's priceless. Glad they can still sell these kits to repair our pre 2009 cans ;)

Just what I've needed for years! No more aggravation, and no more sweating it out, waiting, when you suddenly realize you need to take a leak NOW!

I spill much less with the old school spout and vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are the cats meow, I have them on all my cans. I would like to stomp the people responsible for legislating the gas cans they sell today. I have spilled tons more gas with them than I ever did with the old normal gas cans.

Those are great.

Here is another slick design - vent built into the spout that runs the length of the spout.

nHYjuCQh.jpg

Fed up with these same issues, I just bought a can from Rural King with a hose on the end...it looks like a "race can" (cans you see at motocross races). It's got a screw on vent cover and about a 10" hose out the top. It seems to work really well. No spills, breathes easy, you can manipulate the hose on the end to aid in fueling difficult equipment and it takes about 15 seconds to get 5 gallons in my tractor. Weird because they don't call it a "gas can" but it clearly shows a picture of a guy using it to put gas into a log splitter. As long as I can get my hands on these, I'll never buy one of the red cans again! Well worth the $20!! Two thumbs up!!

https://www.ruralking.com/5-gallon-polyethylene-fluid-container

I just drill a hole in the top opposite of the spout. Put a large a nail in it when not using and take it out when I want to pour gas.