Gander mountain going under

Bigshooter19

5 year old buck +
Wonder if anyone heard anything else about this?

Only rumors at this point but there must be something to it because Gander''s press release did not say either way.

Doesn't bother me much, I seem to always leave their stores empty handed and disappointed.

Yea that press release went all around the issue but never touched it.

I'd say their looking at some kind of restructure.
I drive by them all the time but have never been in one.

I can't afford their prices.

I think this rumor pops up from time to time because their stores seem less appealing than Bass Pro, Dicks, or Field and Stream. I shop there on occasion, but it is not my first choice. The chance of some stores closing is always out there, but that is true for all retail chains. I don't see them shutting down anytime soon.

I hope not. I've been paying a premium for safety toe work boots for the farm, but before I know it they are falling apart. I learned they have a lifetime guarantee on all Gander branded (outfitter) shoes and clothing. So, I bought a pair of lower quality but still good (and less expensive) of their safety toe Gander brand work boots. I figured they would fall apart even quicker than the timberline but I could get them replaced for free.

I like them better than Dick's where consumptive recreation and second to non-consumptive recreation. They are not as deep as Cabela's or BP. I just like the fact that there is another competitor in the market place.

Thanks,

Jack

only a few cars in their lots in east texas

bill

Only a few cars in the lot by me. If Cabelas is hurting then Gander is got to be in trouble

It's been slow for a while at the one north of me in Toledo.

The one in Rochester reminds me of Italy--Saldi!! Everything's on sale every day. Still not enough to get feet through the door.

Never been in a Gander Mountain, but I love my new Cabelas here in Lexington KY. Seem to me to have competitive prices.

Gander is where it's at. I love it. Amazing deals can be had at the right times of the year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like a lot of the Ganders. Some have a lot of guns. No frills. Just another option. The MC near me announced their closing. Penneys maybe next. Tough for bricks n mortar to make it.

Always been a fan of gander mtn
I, too, like more competition with different options. And near me, other than dicks, there is not a Cabelas or BP within an hours drive so GM is a nice "local" place. Good for lots of stuff; not as big as the others but plenty of stuff I can get nearby. I'd manage OK if they disappeared but I do like them.

The gander mtn near me closed a few years ago. I've only been in a few since then and one of them were closing as well.

The gander mtn near me closed a few years ago. I've only been in a few since then and one of them were closing as well.

Hey welcome to the forum

Man I hope they don't go under. Their customer service is far better than academy's, and their gun counter guys actually know what they are talking about. I know their prices are higher, but they tend to carry better products than many of the other chain stores. Heck, they beat any local price by 10% anyways. I bought a backpack there last month. Academy had it cheaper, but buying at gander ended up saving me money after the match. I'm happy to pay a small premium, though, if it means keeping them in town.

Not one, not two, but three Gander Mountains within 45 minutes of me are closing this year. Not good.

Man I hope they don't go under. Their customer service is far better than academy's, and their gun counter guys actually know what they are talking about. I know their prices are higher, but they tend to carry better products than many of the other chain stores. Heck, they beat any local price by 10% anyways. I bought a backpack there last month. Academy had it cheaper, but buying at gander ended up saving me money after the match. I'm happy to pay a small premium, though, if it means keeping them in town.

I know the local Gander had a good gunsmith...and they also had some very poor help that mounted a scope for me, stripped one thread, and then tucked steel wool in the hole. did they tell me. Nope.