All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gander mountain going under

They built so many stores in a short period of time all over the country. Apparently that was a mistake.

At the time they were building the baby boomers were not retired yet and had some expendable income. Now that many of them are retired they are getting to old to hunt or on a limited income.

Yes
The one in Rochester reminds me of Italy--Saldi!! Everything's on sale every day. Still not enough to get feet through the door.
he one in rochester is a ghost town, and horrible prices...the field and stream next door had to put a hurt on them now too

I like Gander Mountain because they have sales all the time where they mark down good items. I must admit I don't like their sticker prices but I shop there because the sales are where the deals are found. I shop the store located in Bowling Green, KY.

Now Cabelas has opened at the same location so we will see how that works out. Competition is good for the consumer.

I have found their service to be good as well. My 2 cents ...

I will wait for the "going under" sales.......

bill

Mine is staying open. The next closest two are closing.

The two closing in Wisconsin one is near a Cabelas and the other one is close to a Sheels which doesn't surprise me.

Looks like it is chapter 11 with the idea of selling the ongoing business. Looks like around 20% of stores will close to stop the bleeding and make it more attractive to a buyer.

Thanks,

Jack

The one in Wichita is staying open