Front snowblower on tractor

4wanderingeyes

5 year old buck +
Does anyone have a a snowblower on the front of your tractor? Or better on a compact tractor? Is it problematic? Do they work good?

Does anyone have a a snowblower on the front of your tractor? Or better on a compact tractor? Is it problematic? Do they work good?
I do not have one....but have seen plenty of them operate and have had discussions with the owners. Set up correctly they are a great way to plow snow......expecially on a compact tractor. My SIL has a John Deere Compact tractor with a front mounted blower. He has turf tires and a dedicated mount (not the loader). He loves that set up. I've not heard anyone that was dissatisfied with a decent set up. If I spend my winters in MN....I would likely have one on my Kubota Grand L3560.

Things you NEED are PS, Live PTO, Mid or front PTO, a dedicated hydraulic lift, a cab is nice with heat is better, a hydraulic controlled chute and a flap control. I'd want at least 25 HP.....and more is better depend on overall size of your blower and tractor. OH....and I would definitely want a hydrostatic transmission!

Tractor By Net has lots of discussion on this topic. Likely the best place to get decent feedback.

Thanks Foggy!

I have a LX2610 Kubota, 26HP, I do have ps, and a front pto, loader, and I also have 3rd function.

Anyone have recommendation on brand or models for a compact tractor? I have looked at Land pride, but if I order now, I should have it by next Christmas, maybe.

Thanks Foggy!

I have a LX2610 Kubota, 26HP, I do have ps, and a front pto, loader, and I also have 3rd function.

Anyone have recommendation on brand or models for a compact tractor? I have looked at Land pride, but if I order now, I should have it by next Christmas, maybe.

Did a little snooping around on your tractor and a snow blower. You dont have great PTO HP available.....but some say that tractor is a little beast. Two snowblowers are listed from what I saw.....the LX2964 and the LX2980.....which sounds to be a HD version and sought after (?) Here is some good discussion on your tractor and blower for it. You may find one thru Tractor House or other internet search sources. Google is your friend.

I do see a snow blower in Wisconsin on Tractor House.....it's located at Chili Wi. Not sure where that is? nearby?

Thanks Foggy!

Looks like Kubota makes a front blower for that tractor. Somewhat pricey like anything nowadays I guess. I have a front blower on my 1025R JD. You can’t beat them. Much better than a rear pto mount and a lot faster in my opinion. It will throw snow a long ways if powder but as with any blower if you get wet heavy slush your going to have problems. I can always put the back blade on to push slush but I’ve found it just as effective to turn the blower off and just plow with it. In this area you only get slush for the first couple and last couple snows of the year. That leaves the other 5 months with normal snow to blow. LOL.

I can get a rear 3 point blower for mine for $700, but I dont like to look backwards that much.

I have gotten by with my atv plow, and tractor loader, and rear blade on the tractor. This year, its not even Christmas and the driveway is getting narrow already. It is a slow job to push the piles back with the loader. But we have already got a couple feet, with another 12-18" coming this week with 30-50mph winds. If this keeps up, I am going to Florida the rest of the winter.

My parents have a front snowblower for the b2650 in northern MN, it works great. I sent a text to inquire about brand/model.
Edit: he said "it's a Kubota. I think 57xx number. About 60" wide." Hard to find info on kubota's website but there seems to be a bunch for sale on tractorhouse.

DC820497-C3EA-4B38-8446-251320213911.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a front mount 54 inch jd on a 1025r . Wouldn't be without it now. They're not cheap but work well.

I do see a snow blower in Wisconsin on Tractor House.....it's located at Chili Wi. Not sure where that is? nearby?
Chili is not far from me. My 40 when I owned it was even closer. Was that listing from Chili Implement? I haven't dealt with them but do hear good things about them.

The LX2980 is $7800, and I was told by another dealer about a month to get it. But by then I will be thinking spring, and wanting to get the boat ready.

For that price you could pay someone to do snow removal for you for many many years While you watch with a cup of coffee.

For that price you could pay someone to do snow removal for you for many many years While you watch with a cup of coffee.
I’m $500+ into plow service expenses for my house in town already this winter and have the extra stress of trying to prevent them from jacking up our landscaping every year. Maybe it’s cheaper in the sticks or I should shop around again..

This thread had me thinking about one for my kubota but I think it would cost me even more on my tractor than $7800.

I’m $500+ into plow service expenses for my house in town already this winter and have the extra stress of trying to prevent them from jacking up our landscaping every year. Maybe it’s cheaper in the sticks or I should shop around again..

This thread had me thinking about one for my kubota but I think it would cost me even more on my tractor than $7800.
And 10 years from now you will have paid twice as much for snow services as the blower costs today.......and now the blower will cost twice as much than it costs today. And you will wonder when the prices will come down. Ask me how I know these things. LOL. Just saying. (disclosure.....I pay for most of my snow removal in MN.....but then I am in AZ for most winters).

Last edited:
I have a JD 2720 with a 48 inch front mount snow blower. I bought the tractor used and the blower was included. I initially planned to sell the snowblower but it works awesome and it is a workhorse. Front mount seems way easier than looking over your shoulder with a rear mount but I only have experience with this one on the front.

26hp may have a bit of trouble if you have to blow uphill.

Buy a rear one for a few hundred, dont like it, sell it. Front is much better though. Used both. Buy s snowmobile helmet if you get a rear one, or get one anyway. Makes being out there much better if you dont have a cab.

I have a Deere x534 which is two sizes smaller than the Deere 1000 series tractors mentioned above (basically a big mower that can handle some harder work if needed). Even with the smaller size, less powerful engine, and the snowblower being belt driven, it handles everything I throw at it. 4” of heavy snow that was rained on a few weeks ago even went through without issue. Snow 18” deep? Slower, but no problem.

4 wheel drive is what I recommend. Going up hill, I don’t run out of power, but traction can be an issue even with chains and 200lbs of suitcase weights.