fishing reports

Was thT the ch
Haha, the house is done, just have 3/4s of the garage left. I could have been done but than I would have missed out on fishing and hanging with my buddies. I work hard but play harder. We got a big tournament against many of the charters on Lake Michigan. Our good buddy of mike mohr charters is up 10 pounds on 2nd place, $5k to the winner, but it's mostly bragging rights.

Was that the salmon tournament down around Racine. My buddy's boat won it. He also got big fish for $1200, a 17.6 lb King. He called me and wanted to know if I wanted fish for smoking, ah yeaaa!

Was thT the ch

Was that the salmon tournament down around Racine. My buddy's boat won it. He also got big fish for $1200, a 17.6 lb King. He called me and wanted to know if I wanted fish for smoking, ah yeaaa!
Sheboygan

I normally don't keep the little guys, but this king was dead anyway. The rainbow must have thought he looked tasty too. I swear this photo wasn't staged. You can see he was chewing on its back!
9C643256-1CD5-4AA7-885C-60C00E3C51C0.jpg

Didn't get out this morning, due to 5'ers, but the waters laying down and we're filling the yetti!

I was up on the Chippewa Flowage this past weekend and had a heck of a good time fishing. Water temps were around 67 and the pan fish bite had slowed compared to earlier. You could catch a mess of blue-gills but most were small. It was a great weekend and allot of fun on the water. We caught a few walleyes but the slot-limit limited what we could keep. Still lots of fun.

I don't have much for pics other than these. My buddies rig:

Some fish we were cleaning:

We were drifting with 2 inch paddletail grubs for walleye and bass this morning and my buddy hooked into this girl. He landed her on a medium action rod with 10 pound braided line. The muskie season doesn't open until next weekend but no body told the fish. This is his personal best of any fish species.

View attachment 5301 View attachment 5302
That looks like a hybrid to me. We caught some of those in Wis. lakes during the '70's.

That looks like a hybrid to me. We caught some of those in Wis. lakes during the '70's.
Yep, tiger out of Gervais here in the Cities. I still haven't made the investing into musky gear yet as I have a ton tied up in my bass rigs but my dad made me a trolling board and he is going to give me his three lake Michigan trolling rods as they have been collecting dust for 20 years. I have already been asked to take them back out for another round.

Was on Mud Hen near Siren WI this past weekend and the bass were biting. I haven't had a bad day on the water yet, lets hope this keeps up.

Great fish guys, only if deer hunting was this easy.

We're getting the program dialed in on big dog kings. Gonna try to cash a check next week in a tourney against professional charters. We probably won't win, but our program gets respect.
A555567B-4C1A-4AEC-BDC4-44880E190759.jpg

We're getting the program dialed in on big dog kings. Gonna try to cash a check next week in a tourney against professional charters. We probably won't win, but our program gets respect.
A555567B-4C1A-4AEC-BDC4-44880E190759.jpg
Nice fish. How do they taste? I've never fished on a charter boat on the big lakes, but I always figured I'd spend $400 to hear that I just missed the bite by a week. It would be nice to have a cooler full of fish like that for the freezer.

Caught this in White Bear Lake last night. My wife's aunt and uncle live on the lake but for some reason we haven't been out there much. I have some new incentive to go back. 31 inches, really nice for a metro pike.IMG_2028_zps31s0jh6p.jpg

We're dialed in 9 fish tonight, missed 6. One king over 15 and some nice 13s.

Last edited by a moderator:
33 pounds of salmon, it's about 40 minutes to reel in these big dogs on 350' of copper wire, the first 10 minutes is screaming drags and a pissed off fish
7E03154D-72D8-484A-96FD-BA16E5214855.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one BJE!!!

Caught my biggest Bass on Saturday. 19"

IMG_1157_zpsfmpd5zte.jpg
That is a serious chunk. What did you catch her on?