fishing reports

Fishing was good on Sunday in Northern Vilas County before front came thru. Today 44 degrees with a 20 mph wind. Whitecaps on the lake we are staying on. Snow tonight and highs in low 30's for tommorrow. Got a feeling that the fishing is gonna suck for a couple of days.
I just got off the water an hour ago and it was slow but we did catch a few small northern and bass. My friend I was with fished all weekend and they dominated so this cold weather no question shut them down.

My wife and I hit up lake Redstone over the weekend and ending up with 7 bluegills. Normally this time of the year we hit the gills spawning and keep 25-30 every time we go but this year they spawning must be later.

Thanks for the advice badger!

I kind of figured as much badger. One of my friends back in Juneau Co. was telling me the white bass are just starting to come into the spawning areas down towards the Castle Rock dam, it should be getting really good in the next couple weeks if we continue to warm up instead of this cooling trend we are having.

Yup, I'll be back out there thursday night through Memorial day. Weather wise, friday is looking pretty darn good. Saturday too.
Don't worry about that rain in the forecast for Sunday and Monday. I'll be putting seed down on Saturday so I'm fairly certain the predicted rains will fall off the forecast at some point :cool:

Spent the week in Northern Vilas County with 2 brothers, my son and a nephew. The weather wasn't very nice in the early part of week but got better. Slayed the perch, got several walleye, a few incidental musky, a dozen northern and 1 crappie. Drank a lot of beer and mix drinks. Ate like kings. Had a great time.

Loving the fish pics guys!

The walleye fishing has been lights out so far this spring. Been out three times and brought home my limit each time. Man do they taste good! Here is a couple of photos from one of the days it was raining.
28" skinny girl

Our two man limit of 15-18 inchers

We were drifting with 2 inch paddletail grubs for walleye and bass this morning and my buddy hooked into this girl. He landed her on a medium action rod with 10 pound braided line. The muskie season doesn't open until next weekend but no body told the fish. This is his personal best of any fish species.

IMG_20150531_085344_492_zpsbvwzrtjy.jpg IMG_20150531_085350_814_zpswnra7qh1.jpg

Nice fish guys!

I got the musky on the gopro. Not the best filming but pretty cool none the less.

G&G cool video nice to hear the excitement!

the kings weren't jumping in the boat, but plenty of tasty rainbows
371F24C7-8A91-4651-99F2-16C6CAF2597C.jpg

Great fishing pictures everyone. You guys are making me hungry!!!

the kings weren't jumping in the boat, but plenty of tasty rainbows
371F24C7-8A91-4651-99F2-16C6CAF2597C.jpg

I should come help you finish that roof and then you could take me fishing.

I should come help you finish that roof and then you could take me fishing.
Haha, the house is done, just have 3/4s of the garage left. I could have been done but than I would have missed out on fishing and hanging with my buddies. I work hard but play harder. We got a big tournament against many of the charters on Lake Michigan. Our good buddy of mike mohr charters is up 10 pounds on 2nd place, $5k to the winner, but it's mostly bragging rights.

My wife and I hit up Lake Redstone and we kept 26 bluegills. The gills were really biting good for awhile from about 8:30-10:00 AM.