First Wolf on camera

Bucks&Ducks

5 year old buck +
We have had wolves around for quite some time but this is the first one on camera I am sure about.EK001592.JPG

For perspective, this is my 70 lb lab.
EK001598.JPG

I am trying to remember where area 241 is. In 221, they come and they go. Camp Ripley leads to wolves moving into our area and they also move in from the east.

I think you are correct, sure looks like a wolf.

Bummer. I use to hunt 241 just north of Menahga. Never had wolf issues, but that's probably because we were were right off of hwy 71 in a fairly populated area. Plenty of wolves to the east though.

I've got land in 241. It's like any other Minnesota unit and has it's cold and hot spots for deer depending on where you are and what the neighbors shoot. I've seen wolves up there but they don't seem to stay around very long with all the farmers and cattle around.

Sandbur- this is in Wadena county if that helps for reference.

We have had them around for awhile but they are getting more and more common. Neighbors and family have seen them from time to time but this is the first one on camera. We had the game warden verify a kill about 15 years go. Whenever there are sightings, deer activity drops to almost nothing for about 2 weeks.

We have a pretty healthy deer population compared to others in MN. I definitely hope this does not become more frequent.