First Shoot of the Season

H20fwler

5 year old buck +
The youngest son scouted out a good pigeon field for us that we tried early Saturday morning. He said that at least twenty pigeons had been hitting the field, there ended up being about four times that many that decoyed in.

We set up four spinners and some pigeon silos, the youngest son handled the dog while I played shooter. Darcy did great retrieved everything even with dry cow manure spread in the stubble, had a few drop way off in the distance I should have used bigger shot size. Ended up being a pretty good tune up shoot.

W4QIWeY.jpg

Cool!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Funny story I forgot to put in the first thread;

About half way through the shoot Darcy chases down a runner and is heading back to us. She is notoriously soft mouthed...pigeon gets an adrenaline boost has had enough and starts flapping like crazy. It breaks loose of Darcy's gentile grip and starts flying straight away with her chasing close behind, the pigeon gains speed and height dog gives up the chase and the bird fly’s clear over to the neighbors field and goes down over a mile away across the road!
I've seen dogs jump and catch unshot pheasants on the flush and my chessie caught an unshot goose decoying in low out of the air after a hunt when we were picking up decoys once...but I had never seen a bird fly out of a dogs mouth and get away!

Damn! You put a hurtin' on 'em fowler!

I had a lab flush a wounded duck in the salt marsh once. Noting like seeing a dog jump out of the grass and snatch a bird in flight.
Wish I had that on video.

Looks fun H20. Nicely done!

Nice shootin!