First bow kill.

Satchmo

5 year old buck +
My youngest son finally scored last night on his first bow kill ever out on the dairy farm he used to work at. Saw a couple really nice buck too. Says those will be next years hit list.

Congrats to him! He is now forever hooked and will be on a mission from now on!

Awesome Satch. Congrats to him.

Thanks guys! He said it was the longest half hour of his life waiting to go look for it.

That is great. Congrats to him on his success!

Thanks guys! He said it was the longest half hour of his life waiting to go look for it.

Nice! Congrats. I have a 53 year old buddy who can't contain his excitement to either make a good shot or wait long enough to make his marginal shot work. He finally connected on Sunday. Still made a bad shot, but managed to wait an hour and a half this time before jumping it. It only went a short distance and laid down again so he called me (about 8:30 am) and asked what to do. "The same thing I tell you to do every year. Go home, smoke a bowl, eat some breakfast and go find him dead at noon."

Nice! Congrats. I have a 53 year old buddy who can't contain his excitement to either make a good shot or wait long enough to make his marginal shot work. He finally connected on Sunday. Still made a bad shot, but managed to wait an hour and a half this time before jumping it. It only went a short distance and laid down again so he called me (about 8:30 am) and asked what to do. "The same thing I tell you to do every year. Go home, smoke a bowl, eat some breakfast and go find him dead at noon."

In that order!;)

Congrats!!!

Cool! Congrats to your son. The first one is always special.

Congrats. Is that a yearling or 2.5 yo? If that is a yearling he was certainly eating well. He has to be stoked.

Congrats. Is that a yearling or 2.5 yo? If that is a yearling he was certainly eating well. He has to be stoked.
Definitely a yearling. Living fat on corn, soybeans, acorns, & alfalfa.

Congrats to your boy.

Way to go! I still remember my first bow kill....and it's been a very long time ago...Special day for your son and I'm betting a special one for you as well.

Oh yea! Success is nothing compared to the feeling you get watching your children succeed.

Great start to the season!

No way at that age I would have waited 30 seconds let alone 30 minutes.

Congrats to him for both.

Congrats, fun times!!