Firminator G3 Review

I had a fun weekend starting to learn my new Firminator. Exact same model.

As I said above, a few ago I had 4 plots broken open for the first time in a long while. They were very rough and had some missed spots that needed to finish…..so to speak.

First I spread about 1.5T/acre of AG lime.

Then, After trying out different disc angles and speeds, I found that the first disc setting (12 degrees??) and about 4mph turned the soil just enough to seemingly uproot lots of the leftover green growth. I’m very happy I ordered that fitrite hydraulic top link a year ago because adjustments make a huge different how it all works together, imo..

I hit a few rocks that made me cringe here and there no doubt. But it either popped them out for pick up or kind of hopped over the biggest ones. No visible damage done. I also found an old broken piece of farm equipment that only clean living allowed me to NOT puncture a tire.
In my excitement I forgot to take a ‘before’ shot but here is one after a single pass with the G3. It took me 1 hr and 10 minutes and it’s 1 acre in size.

Attachments

• B58DE857-3D38-4B44-BF60-C918B201ADB0.jpeg
    B58DE857-3D38-4B44-BF60-C918B201ADB0.jpeg
    407.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 2CDE772F-5AA5-4781-8866-77CDD823AEA8.jpeg
    2CDE772F-5AA5-4781-8866-77CDD823AEA8.jpeg
    530 KB · Views: 78
After 11 years of use, I sold my 6' Plotmaster and had the Firminator G3 8' delivered last week. Couldn't decide between Firminator and Woods Seeder. Selected Firminator due to local dealer. Anxious to put it to work in about 6 weeks.
A5E35628-1DC0-4EFD-A3DF-1D9FEC4D32C4.jpeg89364ADD-99A2-451A-AF61-E70594290FEC.jpeg7E5366C1-56E5-43A8-AF5B-BB10868B0B3F.jpegA797031D-FAA9-42C2-A847-9F9B70DB9E4B.jpeg

After 11 years of use, I sold my 6' Plotmaster and had the Firminator G3 8' delivered last week. Couldn't decide between Firminator and Woods Seeder. Selected Firminator due to local dealer. Anxious to put it to work in about 6 weeks.
View attachment 45420View attachment 45421View attachment 45422View attachment 45423

Congratulations. You’ll love it. I got the 6 ft model. You had outlined an area of my property and suggestion of a destination plot. I had also chosen that and the guys from Land And Legacy agreed. Used the chisel plow to cut it up and then use the Firminator to try to smooth it out and planted.

78b2fb9b679eceafabb91a2423f6bd6a.jpg

Missed a couple of spots but had fun trying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weedy - That looks awesome!!! Confident I will like the Firminator. Actually loved the old Plotmaster for all the years I had it once I figured out how to use it for what is was designed for. I think the Firminator is a much better design...ground driven seed box for one rather than electric that had to be hooked to a battery. Also, much more compact with everything right underneath the frame. Cultipacker much better design with more down-force weight. Plus, the fork slots make it a breeze to load and off-load on a trailer.

Bet your destination plot fills up with deer in the afternoons this fall. When I'm taking one of the younger grandkids for a sit it's always on the destination plot cause I know they're going to see multiple deer before dark. We need to make it a point to visit sometime this fall.

Weedy - That looks awesome!!! Confident I will like the Firminator. Actually loved the old Plotmaster for all the years I had it once I figured out how to use it for what is was designed for. I think the Firminator is a much better design...ground driven seed box for one rather than electric that had to be hooked to a battery. Also, much more compact with everything right underneath the frame. Cultipacker much better design with more down-force weight. Plus, the fork slots make it a breeze to load and off-load on a trailer.

We need to make it a point to visit sometime this fall.
Absolutely. I strap the Firminator to the frame of my forks when possible because if I carry it over irregular ground I don't like watching my forks bounce! And I just have the 6'.

Very nice Weedy!!!!

Here is one that updates my previous post when I’d just finished discing this one acre plot for the last time. In this one, you can see where I planted a brassica blend around the perimeter in mid July, then came back 3 weeks later and planted the interior in perennials with brassicas and WR mixed in. It’s a little sparse here and there but the young clover, chicory, and alfalfa is coming in great already. In the closeup, you can also see the brassicas are doing ok. I’m 6’5” and they were past my knees at 4 weeks!

This field plus 4 others between .5 and 1.5 acres. All with the Firminator in one day. Myself.

1661210873205.jpeg

Attachments

• 3FCD6095-49D8-4889-BFC3-D9E53D4C320C.jpeg
    3FCD6095-49D8-4889-BFC3-D9E53D4C320C.jpeg
    614.5 KB · Views: 53
Here is a .75 acre field with that same blend of 75# WR, 50# Oats, 10# clover, 3# chicory, 2# alfalfa, 2# brassicas

Attachments

• 7A9163EA-BE8E-41DC-B5F2-40118FA26875.jpeg
    7A9163EA-BE8E-41DC-B5F2-40118FA26875.jpeg
    591.8 KB · Views: 58
That looks great @Maddog66

Thanks! I’m pretty happy with everything so far……particularly because it’s my first use of the G3. Nowhere but up to go right?

Next year, if all this clover comes on strong like I hope, I look forward to cutting it in strips for fall plots, like everyone else.

I’m also curious to try it on some things like sunflowers, or beans, or maybe even corn.

Those are awesome. Gonna plant perimeter brassicas next year. Great Idea

View attachment 45420View attachment 45421View attachment 45422View attachment 45423

I have the 6' model and it is a beast! That 8' model must be really heavy.

What are you going to plant?

I have the 6' model and it is a beast! That 8' model must be really heavy.

What are you going to plant?
Fall mix. Next year gonna plant warm season plots which I haven’t done in past 8 yrs. Total of 15 acres to plant and seems to expand a lil every year.

JD5085 will be used to handle the 8’. Plotmaster was 6’ model. Always looking to reduce time so went with the 8’ Firminator since I have the tractor to handle it.

I have a little more rock in my fields that most. Have any of you guys bent your discs at all? A couple of mine are rolled over a bit from bouncing over big stuff that didn’t pop out.

I have a little more rock in my fields that most. Have any of you guys bent your discs at all? A couple of mine are rolled over a bit from bouncing over big stuff that didn’t pop out.

I have the same issue but no damage yet. I try to slow down where I know there are rocks.

Fall mix. Next year gonna plant warm season plots which I haven’t done in past 8 yrs. Total of 15 acres to plant and seems to expand a lil every year.

JD5085 will be used to handle the 8’. Plotmaster was 6’ model. Always looking to reduce time so went with the 8’ Firminator since I have the tractor to handle it.

I have only planted soybeans but was very happy with the results. Will be trying smaller seed such as turnip, radish, etc next year. I think you will like how it works.

Let me know if you have any questions on setting the disc depth and angle.

Did my first test run this past weekend with the Firminator G3 8' seeder on a 1 acre plot behind my residence. 99.9% sure I'm gonna love this implement. Even more than my old 6 ft Plotmaster.

Here's the setting:
- 1 acre plot that has not been touched since planting last fall.
- Mowed two weeks ago.
- No gly application
- Set disc to aggressive and made 1 pass thru the plot.
- Then set disc to least aggressive setting and planted fall mix.
8B43DD84-FA8A-40C3-A9F6-F9BE09109699.jpeg5BBA280D-9F38-4790-B773-BAB9B2ADD614.jpeg790F8111-1688-4735-BC51-3ED88016E11B.jpeg391DC7E7-B4AB-44D6-B618-19886031ABF0.jpeg

Will put it thru real tast this weekend when we plant 15 acres at the farm. I’ll take a pic of biggest plot before we start. Full of grass that’s been mowed. No gly treatment prior to planting.

Update from planting last Saturday. Not a drop of rain since planting. But plenty of moisture in the soil when I planted. Grains about 2 to 3 inches high and winter peas just popping up.
BF281528-670C-4E02-A00F-17CE47EB8E08.jpeg

Update from planting last Saturday. Not a drop of rain since planting. But plenty of moisture in the soil when I planted. Grains about 2 to 3 inches high and winter peas just popping up.
View attachment 46190
Put in about 12 acres last Thursday expecting rain from Ian. As you no, dry as a bone. Good news is it only took about 8 hours using it as a single pass planter

How’s y’all’s Firminator doing this year? I still use mine a good bit even though I have a drill

How’s y’all’s Firminator doing this year? I still use mine a good bit even though I have a drill
Planted 12 acres 2 weeks ago. So far, great piece of equipment for planting with minimal soil disturbance.