Final decision on a bow

fuldraw

5 year old buck +
Went to three different pro shops this week and Saturday plus cableas and basspro
I have come down to 2 bows I like at 2 different pro shops

2014 bowtech 360 $ 949
Felt good and crazy fast.
The pro shop seem very knowledgeable and very nice

New 2013 Hoyt Carbon fiber
Very lite and comfortable
$949. if I outfit it there $900
Did not care for the pro shop

Any opinions on these bows

I would go with whichever is smoothest and quietest. They are all plenty fast. Keep in mind that speed bows are hard on strings. I shot an elite the other day and enjoyed it. It was smooth as silk and fast enough for me.. Dont know if your local pro shops carry them if so i would shoot one. Good luck in your choice..

Go with what feels best in your hand and the shop you feel most comfortable with. The shop I bought mine from seemed like a good shop when I was in the buying mode the owner was great, after the fact for service he sucked.

Hoyt carbon's are sweet, but that price seems steep for a last years model.

I have a Quest Primal that's a dream to shoot and pushes an arrow over 315fps (verified via chrono). I wish I could still hunt with it.

I was thinking of a new bow this year but it's rumored MO may allow X bows next year. I know some don't like the idea but I'm holding off to see how it plays out.

I was thinking of a new bow this year but it's rumored MO may allow X bows next year. I know some don't like the idea but I'm holding off to see how it plays out.

Boy I hope not!

Boy I hope not!

:) gotta agree to disagree with failing eyes and a stiff shoulder I'd welcome a 2 power scope and a hand crank.

From what I've read it doesn't change much in the way of deer harvest but some have strong feelings against it.

:) gotta agree to disagree with failing eyes and a stiff shoulder I'd welcome a 2 power scope and a hand crank.

From what I've read it doesn't change much in the way of deer harvest but some have strong feelings against it.

If you got shoulder problems you shouldn't have any problem getting a cb permit now Bill. I respect that reasoning very much! I just get nervous if anyone can have one that we will get a bunch of weekend warriors flinging arrows. That might sound a little selfish of me but it's just how I feel..

If you got shoulder problems you shouldn't have any problem getting a cb permit now Bill. I respect that reasoning very much! I just get nervous if anyone can have one that we will get a bunch of weekend warriors flinging arrows. That might sound a little selfish of me but it's just how I feel..

I understand the apprehension, 20years ago I would have been against it. Heck today id be against it in a truck after dark.

I'd just be happy to use one legally.

Today I can't see my sight pins and my
Target clearly at the same time. I get one or the other.

Old age sucks :). And I'm not that old!