Filled the freezer

SmallChunk

5 year old buck +
Well I got on the board with my first deer in two years last Sunday. I have given up on rifle hunting the past two years due to the low deer numbers and wanting to save more deer on my spots. I was only chasing bucks this fall until I got an invite to hunt with my uncle on a piece of his land.

His land is your textbook late season spot. I have taken 5-6 late season doe's from this piece in late December. It has food(alfalfa) next to killer cover (big tamerack swamp). All private and it hadn't been touched since the last day of rifle season (about a month with no pressure). Me, my brother, my uncle and my little cousin all lined up along the edge of the swamp and I was lucky enough to pick the right stand! Had three come by me with 20 minutes of light left and I was able to shoot a Rage through the lung of this beaut. Tough track job in the misty rain but she only went 50 yards and expired. Pretty pumped to have filled the freezer as a single male that lives on his own! Haha.

I wouldn't have taken a doe if I wasn't on this property where the farmer requests us to kill as many as we can. It's always nice to see a happy famer after you drag him up to the farm site! Hopefully passing on does this fall on my main spot will pay off in the future!image.jpg

Congrats

Looks like a nice sized critter! Congrats.

Nice job! I am on the same mission to fill the freezer this time of the year. Of course this is an area that is overrun with does.

Nice doe - filling the freezer is an important aspect of my hunting as well. It's a good feeling and if the farmer is having issues you can help them out as well.

Good doe!!

Way to get it done late in the year!

Well done, sure beats tag soup.

congrats! now on to the good eating!

Sounds like fun, congrats!

Nice doe, congrats!

AAAAAHHHHH - Late season......... bow kill........... great feeling !!! Way to tough it out ! Late season kill w/ any weapon is cool, but a kill w/ a bow is PRIMO. Congrats!