Few Custom Calls had made

Jordan Selsor

5 year old buck +
If this is not aloud feel free to take down. I wanted to show off the calls that Scott Ashburn made for me.
Had one made for my father in law that is big into coin collecting. The pic under the glass is of my brother in law that passed away at a very young age. They used to love to turkey hunt together. Think I am going to sneak out and put it in his turkey blind the night before opening day. He is not one to show his emotions An I'm sure his boys pic on the call may tug on some emotional strings. Just don't want him to get embarrassed so figured to leave it out there for him be the way to go...
My brother an I are both in paramedics. He has a bday coming up so I got one for him and myself
Went ahead and got a couple carbon strikers too:) Scott was great to work with and went above and beyond to make our calls unique!
image2 (3).jpeg
image1.jpeg
image4 (1).jpeg
image3 (2).jpeg

Last edited:
Great to see you posting Jordan. You always bring a great perspective to things.

Amazing!

Nice! Those are bad azz!

Those look amazing. When my brother graduated from paramedic school I had a leather game carrier with the star of life on it made. He took my spot when I left the FD. He just left the FD last week. He works the same place I do now just in a different department.

Cool looking calls!

Very nice calls. Spalted maple?

Very nice craftsmanship, they look great!

They do look good.
Nice touch for your father in law.

Those are sweet Jordan! Thanks for sharing. I've always wanted to have him make a few calls for me using some oak from the mountain we hunt on.

Those are sweet Jordan! Thanks for sharing. I've always wanted to have him make a few calls for me using some oak from the mountain we hunt on.
I wouldn’t hesitate to ask Scott to do that. Sure it would just be a matter of shipping him a small oak log. Check out his FB page “Scott’s custom calls”. Seems i read somthing about someone shipping him a piece of walnut to make a call.

Here is a couple of my locator calls. These were made by a guy named James Harrison. Can’t remember what calling titles he holds but i think world Champian owl hooter and something else. I work with his boy Cody on the ambulance. James is a machinest by trade and makes a real nice owl hooter. Somthing about a non production call that a guy made and tuned with his hands! Check em out
B89A9AFE-5CAF-4511-855B-7006AEFF2515.jpeg

Side note: I worked fire/ems for 10 years and never had a real code save. Yeah we got some folks back but they didn’t make it long after that. Last July I was the fire brigade leader at the plant and they called and said we had a man down and I need to hurry. Got there to a coworker in cardiac arrest. One of our security EMTs had just started cpr and another individual had retrieved an AED. I got the AED on him, shocked him, and continued CPR while asking for all my available brigade members to respond. Before the ambulance arrived he was talking to us. He coded 2 more times in the ambulance. He was back to work 3 weeks later. Doctor told him if it would’ve happened 2 hours later at home he wouldn’t have survived. We received the company president’s award.

Brother had 3 saves in the last year. This new CPR is great stuff.

Side note: I worked fire/ems for 10 years and never had a real code save. Yeah we got some folks back but they didn’t make it long after that. Last July I was the fire brigade leader at the plant and they called and said we had a man down and I need to hurry. Got there to a coworker in cardiac arrest. One of our security EMTs had just started cpr and another individual had retrieved an AED. I got the AED on him, shocked him, and continued CPR while asking for all my available brigade members to respond. Before the ambulance arrived he was talking to us. He coded 2 more times in the ambulance. He was back to work 3 weeks later. Doctor told him if it would’ve happened 2 hours later at home he wouldn’t have survived. We received the company president’s award.

Brother had 3 saves in the last year. This new CPR is great stuff.

Strong work man! A well deserved award! For a successful outcome like the one you described above CPR and defib has to be initiated so rapidly! Whether by a bystander or trained personnel like you and your team. Pretty awesome you all kept that mans brain and vital organs perfused equating to such a successful outcome! Stuff like that is few and far between but sure is sweet when it all works out!
We do a allot of PR work in the community with the theme "bystander cpr saves lives". As you know Permanent brain damage can occurs after only 4min. That window is shot to hell without somone stepping up rapidly in a CA situation.. We are working on an award system for bystanders that step up in these situations.

Yeah I had guys lined up. 200 compressions and then back of the line. From the time we were notified we had a man down till I delivered the first Shock was 5 min. CPR was initiated within 2.