Favorite Camo Desing/Brand

trampledbyturtles

5 year old buck +
EDIT: Hate to make a new thread again so I will edit this one.

Hoping to hear some suggestions on your favorite tree stand safety harness.
Have never used one, an feel it is time, have to much to loose to not take the extra few minutes to be safe.

Was looking at muddy, but open to any an all suggestions,
looking for ease of use, with no restrictions in movement while in the tree.
Also only looking to buy only one, so it has to be able to be used in multiple trees without having to install a bunch of extra clips or whatever in every tree.

Only thing I don't get is how u guys use the ones while going up the tree, I think they are called linesman rope. There is not a single tree I use for a tree stand location that does not have multiple limbs going up.

In the market to upgrade my camo this fall.
Still wearing the same gear I bought 12 yrs ago for early to midseason
And still rocking my Dads old predator full body suit from 20 plus yrs ago.

Looking for any an all suggestions.
Both tree stand wear an western spot an stalk wear for mulies,

thx

Last edited:
I always liked Realtree Hardwoods. I also am rockin Mossyoak Breakup. Both would be good for stand hunting.

Predator and Firstlite are my choices.

I normally hunt standing pines in the fall for deer and early green up for spring turkeys so it's Realtree Extra Green for me.

My all-time favorite is/was Advantage Wetlands...works for a good all round camo, to me most camo's are too dark to be versatile in multiple situations. I hunt in corn stubble/dead grass/cattails and up in trees. The trouble for me is it's getting very hard to find it any more, I've been buying Nat Gear and Sitka lately for bow hunting it matches the tree trunks I'm in.

Leafy wear over everything is my choice.

That's a great idea Bill. I've never used it, but added some to my cart on amazon. How compact does it get when you put it in a pack? Seems like it wouldn't take up much room?

Thanks,

-John

My first was TreeBark camo. Loved it. Owned both Realtree and Mossy Oak. Now I wear ghille suit especially when hunting on ground or turkey hunting. Never get busted visually, only if they get down wind.

Attachments

• IMG_20140512_184610_356.jpg
    IMG_20140512_184610_356.jpg
    582.6 KB · Views: 18
That's a great idea Bill. I've never used it, but added some to my cart on amazon. How compact does it get when you put it in a pack? Seems like it wouldn't take up much room?

Thanks,

-John

It will crunch down pretty small in a pack.
When it's hot I've worn just my shorts under it. It's netting so it's pretty cool.

Edit: Thz for all the replys on camo, should be set there now.

I have edited the original question with a new one. Didn't want to make a new thread, and clutter things up.

I don't even know what brand my harness is. All I know is it's a wide strap linemen's style. It sort of looks like a octopus where you first pick it up but it works and saved my butt last year from becoming a "thud" in the woods. Some folks don't use any, some simply use just a single strap - I don't like either of those options. Something I do to help is I put mine on at the house, I can see and make as much noise as I want and the like. Some folks don't put them on until they reach their stand - I think that's a bad time to do it. Lots of movement and noise, especially in the dark of a morning hunt. If I have a long ways to walk I simply leave the straps loose and then pull tight when I reach the stand.

For favorite harness I like Tree Spider.

I like the HSS Elite Harness.

Also, if you're starting to use a harness, also start using a lifeline in every tree you have a stand. Well worth it!

Install a Lifeline in your trees so you can hook into it while on the ground and slide the prusik knot up while you go up the tree. I used to have a Muddy harness but switched to a Black Diamond Vario Speed rock climbing harness last year. One of the best decisions I’ve made. Attached to lifeline at the waist so it is much less restrictive than hunting safety harnesses. Don’t even know it’s there. Also because of the way it’s designed to hold you during a fall, it will not restrict blood flow from your legs in the event that you remain suspended for a considerable amount of time (i.e. being knocked unconscious during the fall).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk