Favorite Brassica Mix

soybeans, peas, barkant, t-raptor, pasja, appin, barsica, ptt, grf. overseed with wr in september. Have trails and a plot in kura, kopu II, patroit, durana and red clover

Whats the difference....the 34% increase in cost! It doesn't sound like or mean much to the individual, but it sure makes a profit for the guy selling it when he totals up the customer count at the end of the year!

As far as food plotting, most guys don't spread it on properly anyways. So it won't matter if they put on 2lbs or 10 to the acre!
As I said, I completely understand where your coming from. The bottom line is regardless of the #'s of seed in the bag, your getting 1/2 acre of brassicas for $20, if the seed companies coverage rates are correct at least. Also providing you do your part with proper broadcasting, as you suggested in your post.

If it was me, I would buy the same amount of uncoated seed for 34% off of the coated seed price and put about $7 in my pocket and do the same 1/2 acre for $13. But that's just me!

Yep.....but seed costs are one of a food plotters LEAST expenditures. Consider all the other stuff.....and seed cost pales in comparison....at least around my place. Still....we all like to pinch our pennies. :D

Our KS deer are starting to finally eat brassicas, our MN deer love them but in both places the PTT are their least favorite. We usually plant DER, GFR, and PTT. Was thinking of replacing the PTT with sugar beets or something next year. Would that work or do you guys have a better suggestion?

If it was me, I would buy the same amount of uncoated seed for 34% off of the coated seed price and put about $7 in my pocket and do the same 1/2 acre for $13. But that's just me!
Good point, that $7 will buy a six-pack.;) I guess that is why we made our own mixes most years.

I think I would have bought the rapeseed outright and still spent the $7 on a sixer.;)

What are you buying...Hamms? :p
Remember stu, I still live in WI.;) We can buy beer anytime on a Sunday, don't have such a thing as 3.2 beer and I just happen to have multiple places that sell assorted pick-n-mix six-packs for $7.99.:cool: And yes, you can get a whole array of microbrews from all over WI and tons of other breweries from just about everywhere else. They always have Two-Hearted among the choices. They have all the standbys from Boston Beer Co., Leinies, and New Glarus and tons of stuff from Dogfish Head, Capitol City, and Goose Island brewery, way to many to list. Imports are also free game. It's good to be a Sconnie!:p:D

Now back to the brassicas.

Really....how do yo like your property taxes?:rolleyes:
Touché, MoBuck. Congratulations, you have found the one drawback to living east of the river that everyone and their cousins buddy comes up with.:rolleyes: What I do like for my money is paved and plowed roads and a responsive DNR. Seeing it has nothing to do with the tax base I won't even bother to mention the football team.;)

There is a new micro brewery about to open her in nisswa. Just a few miles from my house....right on hwy 371. It's also an "event center". Perhaps we can have an event there soon. :D

I gotta side with the non-MN side of this argument. I was born, raised, educated and arrested in MN. But I've also spent time in Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Iowa. There are certain things you always purchase before you get back to Minnesota, regardless of which state you're coming from. Whether you're going through Fargo, Sioux Falls, La Crosse, River Falls, or Superior; you always pick up your beer, smokes, and fireworks before you get to MN. Those border cities do a little better because MN always makes it a little worse.

Touché, MoBuck. Congratulations, you have found the one drawback to living east of the river that everyone and their cousins buddy comes up with.:rolleyes: What I do like for my money is paved and plowed roads and a responsive DNR. Seeing it has nothing to do with the tax base I won't even bother to mention the football team.;)
I live east of the river, but have not noticed those things. Can we be annexed, but keep our taxes as is? Maybe Mn. Seperatists or something like that.

This thread got me thinking. Maybe it's not so bad where I'm at. On a five minute walk I can pickup any kind of beer/liquor until 3am that I care to drink, great mexican food, great hot dogs, great sub sandwiches, great pizza, and great beef sandwiches. On a five minute drive I can be at a bar again drinking whatever I care to drink until 5am and they have "fashion shows" for me to enjoy :D. Although the all nighters are not nearly as common as they used to be for me I still tie one on every once in a while.