favorite boot for habitat work

I’m usually in a pair of lightweight trail running shoes May-September. I’ve found them to be more comfortable than a heavy duty boot in our steep terrain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try a low top hiking shoe from Merrell or Under Armor. I had a pair of Merrell shoes for about 8 years til i lost them. Best shoes i ever owned. Now i have a pair of Under Armor shoes i rarely wear because I love them and can't find the same shoe for sale anywhere.

Lacrosse Venom NWTF side zip. They're probably gonna be warm this summer but beats copperheads and moccasins

been called a lot of things in my life....never that!

I dress so poorly in the summer when I am doing my thing on the weekends....I once had to go into town to pick up my son from work with no time for me to make myself more presentable. I'm sort of scruffy looking as it is. He worked at the local Wendy's. I went in and just sat down and waited for him. After a few minutes the manager came over to me..."Sir? Are you OK?" "Are you hungry and don't have any money?" Yep....I was openly mistaken for a homeless person! I explained that my son worked there and I was waiting on him. She turned around and went to the back of the store. I then see my son peek his head around the corner and then I hear him bust out laughing!

One of the benefits of living where your closest neighbor is a 1/2 mile away is you don't have to worry about neighbors and what they think! During the summer I am certainly a habitat bum! My wife has a habit of throwing my clothes away instead of washing them in the summer. She tends to think that if they have holes in them they are ruined... I call them "ventilated"....

First thing i do with new t shirt is cut away the sleeves.....

bill

Try a low top hiking shoe from Merrell or Under Armor. I had a pair of Merrell shoes for about 8 years til i lost them. Best shoes i ever owned. Now i have a pair of Under Armor shoes i rarely wear because I love them and can't find the same shoe for sale anywhere.

That's basically what I'm wearing. Currently using the Soloman Speedcross 4. I've also had great luck with La Sportiva.

That's basically what I'm wearing. Currently using the Soloman Speedcross 4. I've also had great luck with La Sportiva.

Salomon is what I have now, but they are my least favorite shoe ever, so I can't recommend them. Never tried La Sportiva, but I reckon it's worth a try.

My Salomon shoes are only a few months old, but already a seam came undone. And they are stiff, which aggravates a bad joint in my big toe.

20190511_154425.jpg

The Salomon speed cross 4 are great. Excellent reviews everywhere you can find them. I hunt in them too when it’s warm.

20cbbef3bb5d7e47068d8131dad4c971.jpg

9c2ae41b6845e1ec19ca218ee1c1990b.jpg

The Salomon speed cross 4 are great. Excellent reviews everywhere you can find them. I hunt in them too when it’s warm.

9c2ae41b6845e1ec19ca218ee1c1990b.jpg

Gen 2 Predator...I like it!

I find myself wearing my Tingley boots most often unless I'm running a chainsaw.

I'll check out the Speedcross and the Moab for my next pair of hikers. They have great reviews on amazon.

All I wear is Salomon, work or play. Look good and hold up great.

For cold weather & snow, just bought these and they are great ... warm, excellent wide foot base & tread...

LL Bean Storm Chaser
I'll second the LL bean Storm Chaser. Bought the ankle high two years ago, wear them 9 months of the year 90% of the time. Water proof, durable, comfortable, no problem walking in wet grass daily or around town. But is looked like LL bean might be discontinuing the Storm Chaser?

Storm Chaser ankle high slip on

Same boot I wear to work 6 days a week. Vasque Breeze 2.0s. I spend too much time in those boots, but they're light, have a good tread, and last me about a year (wearing them 12-14 hours a day, 6 days a week)