Eye Bolt Trail Cam Mount

^ Great post. Saw it once before....and promptly forgot about it. :rolleyes: Thanks.....gotta make a few of those.

Made 6 of these in a very short time. Very easy, cheap, ingenious!

Nice Idea, I need to make a few of these. I want to move my cameras higher so these will work out slick.

I made some of these and they worked pretty good. The garden stakes work well, except I bought shorter ones instead of the 4 foot ones. Couldn't see a darn thing once things grew too tall.

I made a few of these last year after seeing the post on the dark side.

I also have some of these, I am currently using the ones with the posts and they work good, haven't tried the screw in ones yet.

Here they are in action

They also look pretty slick!!

I made a few of these and put up three today. I REALLY LIKE THESE ALLOT! Much better than a strap. Easier to adjust to just the right angle. Thanks for the tip!!
camera mount.JPG

Just made 3 of them two have lag screws one is a 1/4" bolt to go to a metal post . thanks for posting still need to hit them with some gray paint too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    978.6 KB · Views: 31
Built a couple of these. Need to use 1/2" lag bolts instead of 3/8". The bigger ones make a snugger fit.

Just looked at my cam and there is no threaded mounting hole :@

A moultri IR . I think it's a D 55?

My 55's have the 1/4" mounting hole in the back on top.

Thanks...
Never even thought about looking anywhere else. we will be down there next weekend

People,

Also be careful of the mounting hole diameter of your cameras...mine were not all 1/4"...some were 3/16".

Also don't screw them in to tight in the cam. You can pull the encapsulated nut out of the body.

Also don't screw them in to tight in the cam. You can pull the encapsulated nut out of the body.

You sure can. ;)