Enjoying my property

I'm in the camp that if I own it I'm gonna enjoy it. I own 2 parcels - 56 acres with residence on it, and 287 acres with cabin and outbuildings. Both parcels get used regularly year round except in areas that is not easily accessible. Grandkids with UTVs and roaming around on both. Maybe ignorance on my part but I just don't think deer are that smart to want to avoid any human intrusion. Good bucks killed of both properties most years. Lots passed up.

I have been bow hunting my property the last month, this weekend is gun season opener, I have been cutting wood as recently as yesterday, and shortly after I came in from cutting wood, one of the more decent bucks on my property was right there to check out what the noise was about.

Friday before opening gun in Kentucky, I was helping a neighbor sight a gun and test his ballistic profile to 450 yards. After the 2nd shot, an 8-point buck stepped out of the woods between us and the target. :emoji_astonished:

This has happened while shooting on our property at least two other times.

Friday before opening gun in Kentucky, I was helping a neighbor sight a gun and test his ballistic profile to 450 yards. After the 2nd shot, an 8-point buck stepped out of the woods between us and the target. :emoji_astonished:

This has happened while shooting on our property at least two other times.
Hunted public ground in WV when I was in college and there was a shooting range there. One day I got out in the parking lot to go hunting and there was a small buck standing right beside the range. Must've been 4 or 5 people shooting there at the time. It just casually walked through the 20 yard strip of trees between the range and the parking lot like nothing was happening.

Hopefully I have conditioned the deer on our property to the occasional ATV transit, and minimal human noises. I know logging operations last year had minimal impact and the loggers saw the same bucks almost every day. I'll know more by Saturday evening.