Dr. Pear

Yarg

5 year old buck +
Does anyone have experience with this pair sold from Chestnut hills?
From what I've gathered it produces small fruit that hang late into the season and I believe it's Callyerena rootstock... Does anybody have any experience with it thanks

No one has responded so I guess I will. I have about 2 months of experience with them so I am not going to be much help. I have two 7-gallon trees and one 3-gallon tree sitting in my driveway for the summer. I bought them on clearance at WalMart and so far the trees have been doing well. I repotted them into fabric shopping bags that I sit in milk crates. I am really surprised at the growth on these trees. Chestnut Hills severely pruned the trees before shipping and the trees now have 2-3 foot long limbs. I also have four of the Thanksgiving pears.

I just planted one this year after getting it on clearance, so not much experience here either.

IMG_0248.JPEG
The tag fruiting date is wrong. I confirmed with Chestnut Hills. Fruit date should be Nov- Dec.IMG_0247.JPEG

I planted 3 in September. I was very impressed with the rooting and caliper. Now each one has about 25 fruits as big as a nickel. Growing great so far.