All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodged the winter kill

Bill Loser

5 year old buck +
None of what was planted last fall seems to have winter killed, my plots look pretty awesome right now. Crimson clover, alfalfa, winter wheat? ,there are some turnips it seems, rape, and I think some radishes left in there. My plots have never looked this good!1000004736.jpg1000004736.jpgPXL_20240514_223742596.MP.jpgPXL_20240514_223739558.jpgPXL_20240514_223810764.jpg
Does it make sense to mow it now ? 1000004736.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20240514_223829272.jpg
    PXL_20240514_223829272.jpg
    886 KB · Views: 8
Are you going to plant a summer crop? If not I would wait till all that clover produces mature seed before you mow it.

Honestly with all I have going on right now I hadn't even thought about summer crops. I thought mowing it might spur more growth?

Honestly with all I have going on right now I hadn't even thought about summer crops. I thought mowing it might spur more growth?
Not really with annuals. It often terminates them. I would let it grow for a while longer then mow it once or twice this summer.

Looks good my man

If you have good deer browse you may not need to mox. I almost never mow my clover unless it is for weed/grass termination. Remember, larger clover/more leaves improve nitrogen scavenging. This will be banked for your next round of planting.

Please take your pictures down ASAP. You're making me look bad and I think my feelings got hurt a little too. NICE LOOKING PLOT
Thank you for that. That's one thing I never thought I would ever hear anyone say about anything I've ever planted! LOL.

with that plot, your avatar should say Bill Winner

bill