De-stump, disk, spray, till = new plot

foggy

5 year old buck +
Kinda reversed the order on a new plot I made. Usually I nuke it first.....but I had my stump grinder hooked up and the new plot was calling me. ;) Missed a couple stumps.....and I gotta get a dead Jack Pine out of the plot. Sometimes all the stars just don't line up. I'm sure this will be a good plot. Also opened up a trail and plots I have wanted to establish for years. Feels good to be done with new ground for this year. :) grind, disk, spray, till .JPG

This plot is surrounded by pretty heavy cover.....and has a great bedding area to boot. Soil seems pretty good. Trails come and go thru here. Feels kinda "special". :) About 1/3 acre..... I'm calling this area Stump Henge as it was a pistol to de-stump this piece.

This plot is surrounded by pretty heavy cover.....and has a great bedding area to boot. Soil seems pretty good. Trails come and go thru here. Feels kinda "special". :) About 1/3 acre..... I'm calling this area Stump Henge as it was a pistol to de-stump this piece.
Looks good! What's your plans for the plot?

Looks good! What's your plans for the plot?

Plans? Plans?? What Plans??? ;) Sometimes my plans are just a work in process. :D

I'm still undecided on what to plant here. To be safe, I could just do a clover and rye plot for this season. I think I really should nuke the grass here a time or two yet.....as this held lots of grass.

Or, I could do a brasica and radish plot. A bit depends on how I place a couple of stands this year.

Plans? Plans?? What Plans??? ;) Sometimes my plans are just a work in process. :D

I'm still undecided on what to plant here. To be safe, I could just do a clover and rye plot for this season. I think I really should nuke the grass here a time or two yet.....as this held lots of grass.

Or, I could do a brasica and radish plot. A bit depends on how I place a couple of stands this year.
Whatever you decide to do it looks good spot, the cover in the back looks nice and thick. Good luck

Whatever you decide to do it looks good spot, the cover in the back looks nice and thick. Good luck
Thanks Scott. I've often thought this spot could be developed to be among the best I have. I may prop a ladder stand in the corner and just watch a few evenings to determine what to do next. Sometimes it takes me a few hours to know what I want to do next. :confused:

Which corner is that located in foggy? No pontoons needed?

Which corner is that located in foggy? No pontoons needed?

Hey Art! This area is fairly dry. It is a few feet above the water table. It's located down on the southern end of my land......near the power line. This spot is a natural crossing area out trails thru big pine trees (with pockets of bedding areas) and an adjacent bedding area. Kinda fun to dream what this could turn into. :)

I did have to make a new driveway into my land. My old one had two feet of water over the road. This is the highest water on my land in 20 years. Gonna take a few days to get the water back inside the banks of my ponds.