Daughters first buck

j-bird

My daughter Emma is 14. She took her first deer ever last season, and this year she took her first buck. We got up at 6am...and she was done by 8am of the first day of our firearms opener (saturday)! 8 points, 165 lbs live weight...pretty young buck, but for her first buck I let her take any deer that makes her happy! Moments like these are why we do the work we do. I love me a trophy buck...but I remember these hunts the most!
emma.jpg

I love me a trophy buck...but I remember these hunts the most!

J-bird, that "IS" a trophy buck. Hands down the best ones! Good for Emma, I'm very happy for her.

Great pic, and a great deer. Congrats to you and Emma.

I agree with Bill - that is a trophy buck! Congrats to both her and her guide!!!

Congrats to the both of you! Doesn't get any better than that.

Great Job. Those "firsts" are very important memories to share with your children.

Congrats J and Emma. Those are the biggest bucks and best trophies we could have.

Nice buck and you'll always remember that hunt.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Super memory, J-Bird. Congrats to you and Emma !! Jot down a couple lines about the hunt and maybe laminate for future recollection for her. These kinds of moments can't be replicated. I'm happy for you both !!

LOVE IT and big congrats to you both!

I spy a lever...what caliber?

Very cool! Congrats to both of you!

LOVE IT and big congrats to you both!

I spy a lever...what caliber?
Yep - that is MY (despite what she will tell you) Marlin 336CS in 30-30. When Indiana allowed rifle it was the only realistic rifle I had that was legal that was in the cabinet (I had an Enfield in 303 brit...but...). She got familiar with it and took her first deer last year with it. I wasn't sure how long the rifle thing would last in IN so I waited a bit and then got me something with a little more range...(308). That little lever gun is great on a stand because it's so short and typically when we stand hunt we are in cover so shots are 100 yards or less and that 30-30 caliber works great.

Way to go Jbird! Congratulations to Emma!

Awesome job Emma! And a pretty good job to you, also, J-bird. ;) A neighbor's son shot his first deer this year, a nice 9 pointer. He told me it's 10 times better than when he got his own monster buck years back. Looking forward to those experiences someday.

Thats awesome! Good for you both! :)