Danger - Fimco sprayers

nitro27

5 year old buck +
Just got new Fimco sprayer and boom. Used for the first time yesterday. Extremely POOR design. On the manifold there is the capability of using pump to mix chemical in tank. The plastic tube slip on the manifold about a quarter of inch. When the chemical was mixing tube blew off the manifold and I was drenched in chemical before I could turn off pump.
Everything is hard plastic so no way to put clamp to hold together.
Has anyone else experienced this??? Like info, going to call company on Monday to lodge complaint!!!

That s no good...

Mine has that. Never blew out but I have thought it looks hoaky.

I've got a FIMCO 55 gal sprayer. I don't think mine has that capability. It was cheap and I got what I paid for. I've since had to weld supports onto the frame. Nozzles are not great but they work. I've had to replace a lot of tube and fittings over time. It works for me. I figured the tank was worth the price I paid.

Thanks,

jack

Pressurized connections without positive mechanical connections such as hose clamps or threaded?

I would demand my money back with a full return.

18F56AEA-73F1-4AC0-B0F6-77632F13FDBD.jpegYou can check fimco online retailers and get the male hose ends that use hose clamps

I got a Fimco and had the same issues. Poor design. Got one from Northern Tool, a Northstar, and it is MUCH better. Good connections, and an easy to reach and replaceable pump if needed.

I got a Fimco and had the same issues. Poor design. Got one from Northern Tool, a Northstar, and it is MUCH better. Good connections, and an easy to reach and replaceable pump if needed.
I like my Northstar as well. Ive already had to replace one pump though.

On my Fimco ATV sprayer that bypass tube is rigid plastic. I like my sprayer. It works great on my plots.

Mine is the same with the hard plastic connection. It’s annoying because there is some leaking but I’ve never had it blow off.