Can you recommend an ATV sprayer?

bossgobbler

Yearling... With promise
Good morning everyone! This site has been a tremendous help to me over the years. I read a lot of great information here. I don’t post much but I visit often and have found the information here to be valuable. Thank you for that!

I currently have a 25 gallon boom less Fimco ATV sprayer. When the tank is full the sprayer does a nice job and I like it. It’s a big problem when it isn’t full though. If it has 15 gallons or less in it it stops working well. The spray becomes sporadic and the loses pressure because the pump can’t pull the water through. I sometimes end up with 10-15 gallons in the tank of spray material that can’t be sprayed. I live in southeastern Ohio and need to spray on many uneven surfaces.

Can anyone recommend me a better ATV sprayer? I bought the Fimco sprayer at TSC. They said they’ll take it back and exchange it or return my money. I’m leaning toward another brand as I don’t believe this is an issue with that sprayer alone. I think it’s a problem with all their 25 gallon boomless sprayers.

I’m ready to buy a new one soon. Any help is really appreciated. Thanks everyone! Have a great week.

Sounds like you might have a hole in the suction tube.

I hope that it's not a problem with all of them. I just bought one this week to use next weekend.:emoji_thinking:

We have a 45gal boom FIMCO and it has worked just fine for us. I’m guessing you have an isolated issue that could be resolved ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you might have a hole in the suction tube.

I’d start looking right there. If has a good prime in the beginning and quits part way through it’s sucking air somehow.

Thanks for the input. If it sprays the first 10 gallons just fine do you still think there’s a hole in the suction tube? Is the suction tube the part that angles toward the bottom of the sprayer tank? I feel like it could just be the design of the tank? Our ground is not very flat and smooth. It does fine for the first 10 gallons then it starts sucking air and spitting until it stops. When I stop the 4wheelers there’s still 10-15 gallons left and I’m disappointed.

Any other brands of that size come highly recommended with good reviews? I read some reviews today about the Fimco 25 gallon and others have stated my same concerns.

I had this issue with an older sprayer, not Fimco. Suction tube had a crack in it halfway down. Once the liquid gets below the cracked hose, it will suck air and quit spraying. Easy enough to check.

Yes the suction tube goes to the bottom of the tank. If there is a hole in the tube at the 10 gallon mark it
will work until the water level........

Nevermimd ghillie posted as I was typing... :)

If you haven't I would check the strainer filter, makes a big difference if even partially clogged. Flush the strainer out, replace, then flush again with each fill as there is probably some minor debris in your water source.

Thanks for the replies. I’ll look at the suction tube when I get a chance. I clean the sprayer out after every use. I pull each piece apart and clean it well, let it dry, then put it back together. Hopefully it’s just a cracked tube. I might exchange it for another one of the same model. If that one does the same I’ll look for another brand. Thanks again!

Reactions: don
I also have the fimco boomless 25 gal. Always seemed to have the same problem. I recently found that the suction tube had spun around 180 degrees and was pointing up. Not a very solid fit and it seems to spin too freely with the jostling. Need to look into a way to keep it from orienting up. Any ideas? I need the boomless to manuever thru the brush and pine rows. Otherwise i would be looking at a whole ‘nother problem.

I believe I have that same boomless sprayer. No problems with mine and I have sprayed 100s of gallons through it. I agree with the suction tube. It’s the exact same problem with a cracked saw in your fountain drink.

Our ground is also rough, so I have roughly 3-5 gallons in the tank when I need to refill (before it starts sloshing around and getting air in the lines).

If your ground is really rough, check all connections on the suction side of the pump. You could vibrate it lose incidently. And then when you clean it/reassemble it, it’s good again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Fimco 25 gal with boom. Has worked very well for past 15 years. On mine there is a screen in the suction line that connects to the tank. May want to check to make sure it is clean.

Probably the same Fimco 25 gallon I have and with a 12 ft wide, folding boom. Cleaning the screen is important if things are to operate correctly.

Bossgobbler- go to Northerntool website and it’s item number 282785. I have two of these and they work great. I bought the 2nd just cuz I couldn’t believe how well it worked.

bobinct - do you go over any rough ground with that trailer sprayer and does it hold up? Wheels look really small.

Bjseiler- majority of my transport with it was easy access besides a couple areas. For the rougher areas, if the wheels were higher, it would be better but I just went slow. If I had to give it a negative, it would be that bigger wheels would be better but for the price and performance you can’t beat it.

A pull behind was my first sprayer. It did great on my lawn, but once I took it in the woods it ended up with 2 flat tires. It also was pretty much useless for spraying anything taller than 12" or so.

Backing one up can lead to lots of four letter words too, lol.

Don-isn’t that the truth.