Damn Bears

So this bear has been hanging around my plots. He is really big and I haven't been able to catch him when I’m bow hunting. Unfortunately, it looks like he got this crab apple tree that was just starting to produce. I lose a couple every year. So tough to get the trees to be old enough to produce and the bears just snap them off.
That sucks, I noticed yesterday when I was out hunting I had a new tree down that was damaged pretty bad. I was going to take pictures, but it was dark when I left my stand. All you can do is either graft it, or start over with a new one. I have learned not to get to attached to any of my apple trees.

The bushes at the edge of my property are filled with vines. The bottom of them are nibbled up by rabbits. Saw a rabbit on the edge of my cage one morning, still one there in the aftenoon. The rabbit got his hips stuck in the cage all day long. Had to undo the cage and tip it over for him to squeeze out.

Any problems with skunks. I have a few digging little holes everywhere looking for earthworms.

The bushes at the edge of my property are filled with vines. The bottom of them are nibbled up by rabbits. Saw a rabbit on the edge of my cage one morning, still one there in the aftenoon. The rabbit got his hips stuck in the cage all day long. Had to undo the cage and tip it over for him to squeeze out.

Any problems with skunks. I have a few digging little holes everywhere looking for earthworms.
Skunks or armadillos? Around here the armadillos dig all sorts of small holes can often see them out in fields on a warm fall or spring day

Skunks or armadillos? Around here the armadillos dig all sorts of small holes can often see them out in fields on a warm fall or spring day
Every hole I see I think it's a vole cave. One skunk started chasing me in the backyard a month ago. When I had dogs here, they got skunked 3 or 4 times a year.

I have one bear tag. Been bow hunting a fair amount but he bear hasn’t wandered in front of me. usually 1-2 trees are damaged each year from bears. i will topwork the tree in the spring.

Peeps,

Do the bears jack with your bees?

bill