Dad begins the CZA 2014 (Coyote Zombie Apocalypse)

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
In another thread I mentioned the coyote hunting that my dad (79 years young) was getting ready to do when the neighbor's hay was cut. Some of you guys liked that post, so I thought I would start one and keep you up to date.

Hay was cut today and isn't even rolled yet. He was already hunting not long after they left the field, and his Sendero 220 Swift sent the first nasty vermin to the CZA this afternoon. Pic of the one he rolled is below.

I took off as soon as I could to help cover a part of the field he couldn't see, but he already had one on the ground before I arrived...LOL. He will be back in a daylight, and I wish I could be there, but can't because of work. However, we may get to do it together Thursday morning. Enjoy, and I will let you know if any more bite the dust.

Last edited:
Let him role them Yotes!

Let him role them Yotes!

Thanks, I hunted for them this morning myself, but all I saw was deer. But, that's a good thing!

Good job! I like the CZA...sounds fun.

Good job! I like the CZA...sounds fun.

Thanks, this spring after the first hay cutting, he took 5 out of this field and another one in a different field. One of the five was stalking two hen turkeys when he let him have it...LOL.

good for him! does he call or just sit and watch in likely spots?

good for him! does he call or just sit and watch in likely spots?

He does both, but last year he just put in the time watching. The first few days after a mowing are generally very good. He has to go somewhere tomorrow, but will be back after them on Saturday. Coyotes is about all he hunts anymore. He will occasionally deer hunt if he is on to a good one, but coyotes is the main thing.

Roll roll roll the yote right between the eye's. Merrily, merrily, merrily merrily then you skin the hides.

Roll roll roll the yote right between the eye's. Merrily, merrily, merrily merrily then you skin the hides.
That's funny I just spit my coffee out reading it!!!!

That's funny I just spit my coffee out reading it!!!!

Me too, and I had some pieces of bacon and toast in mine...LOL.

That coyote dying brought me to tears.................. Because your Dad doesn't live 5 minutes from my camp property !!! Gotta love a retired guy that has it in for yotes !!! Way to go DAD !!! Keep us posted.