Cummins has Franklin apple trees !!

Bowsnbucks

5 year old buck +
I just found out Cummins has Franklin cider apple trees due to a cancelled order. I ordered a few for my camp and thought I would share with you guys on here. Franklin has been a sought-after apple for wildlife planters as well as cider makers. Original tree is from Appleman's orchard and is a late-hanging, very cold tolerant tree / variety. Heavy-bearing tree from the border of Vermont and Canada. They're on B-118.

Wish I knew how heat tolerant it was.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I wasn't going to order any apple trees this year, but I just couldn't pass this one up.

Cool, thanks for the info. I just ordered 5.

I already have six coming from my order last fall. They sound excellent.

When I was a kid my grandparents would make cider and apple butter in a 30 gallon copper kettle every year and have always wanted to start the tradtion up again. So think I will give them a try, do they need a pollinator? If so what are some good ones.

MUST............ RESIST...................:emoji_scream::emoji_scream:

Just ordered 5 and threw in a Liberty and 2 Enterprise on B118. Glad they didn't have any Goldrush left. I need to stop ordering trees, I am going to be sore this spring. :emoji_grimacing:

Thanks for the heads-up bows, much appreciated. These have been hard to find for this year's planting, so I jumped at the chance to grab one too.

I grabbed a couple for native hunter and I to try here in Kentucky.

I might get one

I am hoping for good juice from this variety - planting 26 this spring.

They are down to 10 trees left for anyone on the fence. Going quick.

DLH - Glad you got some Franklin apple trees for Native Hunter ............. He needs to get on the stick with this habitat stuff. :emoji_astonished::emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Cummins just told me that because Bill sold the rights to Stark they won't have it next year unless they purchase it from Stark and resell at an even higher cost.

Native hunter just bought some more land he said it was close to his farm but I think he just ran out of places to plant trees so I thought I would try to help him out.

DLH - Glad you got some Franklin apple trees for Native Hunter ............. He needs to get on the stick with this habitat stuff. :emoji_astonished::emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

DLH is like an apple tree madman. I will probably drive over to my new soybean field in a few days, and he will have it looking like a forest.............

I like the way you think this area could use a nice orchard and pumpkin patch for the community. You could do hay rides and sell cherry pies. If that don't suit your tastes maybe do some guided hunts?

I see they're all sold out.... again.