Outside of October Apples

bigboreblr

5 year old buck +
What apple trees do you have that drop outside of October. I am putting chestnut, dolgo, hewes, and arkansas black in an area where I don't bow hunt from a shed/blind. I am also in the search for a good cider tree that is ripe when the pears are ripe to make a sweeter hard cider. I have several mcintosh, or what I believe to be mcintosh grafted on M111 and M7. They're scions from original trees on my old commerical orchard property here. They mostly drop before october 1st. I'm borderline between zone 5 and 6.

I'm running out of space on my property for some trees I ordered. I wanted to make sure the main apples, peaches, and Pears I want are on my property. My wife and sister own a unbuilt parcel between my house and the in-laws place. I got free reign there, but someday it could sell, or a family member might want to do their own landscaping..... It's about 4 acres, very open and took down about 20 almost dead apple trees there. Got 2 food plots over there and privacy screening.

I have plenty of places to hunt outside my own home here, but every other year or so I harvest a deer on the property. If my wife's kids do not want to build there, I may try to buy them out, or subdivide the parcel to make my house and their house on larger parcels.

Do you want earlier - or later - apple trees, outside of October?? Goldrush, Pink Lady (Cripps Pink), and Granny Smith are all late apples ........ mid-November usually.

Pristine, Williams Pride, Initial, Crimson Gold, Triumph, and Liberty are all earlier apples that are scab resistant / DR varieties. They ripen from August to mid-September ..... depending on the variety.

Try a paula red ,, very hardy drops hard late aug sets up the feeding pattern to get em coming all fall ,,, very sweet apple,,, crisp when ripe softens at drop here they go nuts for em ,, bears heavy every year

Do you want earlier - or later - apple trees, outside of October?? Goldrush, Pink Lady (Cripps Pink), and Granny Smith are all late apples ........ mid-November usually.

Pristine, Williams Pride, Initial, Crimson Gold, Triumph, and Liberty are all earlier apples that are scab resistant / DR varieties. They ripen from August to mid-September ..... depending on the variety.
Earlier and Later. Thought Granny smith would drop a bit sooner than mid- November. My main area I got cross, 30-06, droptine, big dog, Kerr, Harrison, redfeld, Franklin, liberty, enterprise,and golden delicious. Most are in the ground, some are on order to be here soon. Might top work one or two of the 30-06 I have, I hear they don't hold up well, thin skinned.

Got dabinett, more liberty and enterprise, roxbury russet, macoun, mcintosh, hewes, and empire in the nursery. Some are going to be given away in the fall or next year. Could put a few at my large AG hunting spot about 90 minutes away. May or may not have room next year for freedom. That might be more rifle season dropper. I am zone 5 borderline 6, I am close to a large river, so springtime hurries up a bit sooner here than other parts of NY. A valley area between the catskill and berkshire mountains, so est-west typical weather patterns mild out from the mountains squeezing the clouds.

Over in ithaca, NY cornell, they benchmark apples according to mcintosh. Thry say sept 15, I have mcintosh late august and by spet 15 most have dropped. october 1st, not much for deer to pick at.

Local weather and temperature patterns can make a difference in ripening times - you're right. Your areas may differ from the "normal" timetables.