Cultipacker for Rocky Soils?

bigboreblr

5 year old buck +
Got 2 spots with alot of small rocks in it. Most are goldball sized or smaller. A few baseball sized, but been had removing anything bigget than that. I got the 14 inch daimeter discs. One is plain round with a blade in the middle of it, Next one to it is the star. Jsut like these ones.

I used a tire drag with added weight ontop of it this year as an experiment. Seems to break/crimp alot better with weight. Maybe 150lbs ontop of it. Cutting a tree down each year on the south side isn't a bad plan either.

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 8
I've got a section off a brillion packer as well. Mine is the same style as the one posted above, but it's narrower. Mine just covers inside the wheeler tires.

I've got a section off a brillion packer as well. Mine is the same style as the one posted above, but it's narrower. Mine just covers inside the wheeler tires.
Same here. I got a 1/2 ton truck and a 12ft enclosed trailer. Too many options to bring up discs, harrow, cultipacker. Then add 200lbs of seed, maybe 100lbs of fertilizer for the bad spots, and this time 20 gallon of non-muddy tap water.

This year I brought up a set of tow discs. However, entrance to plot was washed out bad so couldn't bring it to 2 spots. Cultipacker would of been a no go in that spot was well. Considering either some 9 inch wheels on the back side of the towable flip discs, like 2 tools in one. Or, hotrod the cultipacker with some large 15 inch car sized tires and a metal rack to hold some logs as additional weight.

I have a tire drag I leave at camp. Might stick to just using that if it works. Club president is changing the rules for next year. Removing reservtions, so I can go up any weekend I like. Like one with no rain so I can spray. I go back up mid september, see how the experiment worked.

How tough are those brillion teeth? Mine is 4ft, was thinking of going down to 3ft. Maybe making the large car tires drop to add in cultipacker width. Act like a double roller. ATV tires inline with cultipacker tires. Debating making a crude cutipacker to leave up there as well. Like (3) 1ft concrete sections of culvert pipe, or a water tank filled with concrete.

I'm ok with basic stuff. Rye a little oats and some clover. Did wheat oats peas brassicas and clovers because I was doing some minimal discing.