Cuddelink L series Q & A

When will the L-series Cell Home be in stock?
select dealers will have some , the cudde website will not have them listed. PM me and ill try to find someone with it.

Ok, I'll send you a PM. One more question. I just got some L-series IR cameras in. I'm still figuring out the options. Is there a way to do video? I thought I had read somewhere that Cuddelink can do video. Thanks!

Ok, I'll send you a PM. One more question. I just got some L-series IR cameras in. I'm still figuring out the options. Is there a way to do video? I thought I had read somewhere that Cuddelink can do video. Thanks!
no video with cuddelink, the file size is to large to send via RF network, which is what Cuddelink utilizes.

@john volkman any idea on if the new model L cell home will process images faster coming from remote cameras? Have a full 24 camera system that is slow.

@john volkman any idea on if the new model L cell home will process images faster coming from remote cameras? Have a full 24 camera system that is slow.
only faster because it doesnt have a camera in it, if you images are coming hru slow there is something else at the root of the problem
1. how slow
2. What is your cell rate
3. what channel are you using
4. what firmware are you on

Not a question, but an observation. I installed 4 L series into my system this past weekend. Smooth sailing as expected. What I did want to let anyone know that hasn't checked it out yet, the new lockboxes for the L series are hands down better than the previous version. Easier to get the face on/off, has holes for a cable lock at the top rear and also the padlock hole on the front. On the older version of lockbox, I have had issues with it wanting to sag and have to prop it up to be level. Having the cable lock holes fixed that issue for me. I can pull the tension on the cable to position it how I want it.

I posted this here in case someone gets value when reading the Q/A thread. Hope that is OK.

I managed to obtain a couple L IR cameras and added them to my system yesterday. One is in a spot in a food plot at the bottom of the hill, so the ground is at an angle so weird in the detection window. I had a couple different J cameras in that spot over the past 6 months, neither captured many pics and seemed to interact weirdly with the 3600 solar panel and not work half the time. When I removed the J it hadn't taken a pic in a few weeks and read Error 45.

I put up the L and so far more than so good. It's shown exceptional range in taking pictures of several deer, some surprisingly far across the plot. So far I'm happy, no night pics yet.

What is the recommended fresnel lens for the L series? Is it the 9004 as in the K,J, and G?

the stock lens will do everything you need it to, there is no reason to swap out. The adjustable sensitivity on the L is very effective, i have several cameras turned up one notch from default and routinely get turkeys at 50 yards or more.

I pulled the trigger last night on a 4 pack of L series with solar panels. I’ve never used Cuddelink before so here’s to something new!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pulled the trigger last night on a 4 pack of L series with solar panels. I’ve never used Cuddelink before so here’s to something new!

let us know if you need any help with set up, there is a firmware update on the site for the L that will improve daytime color images, i would update them before you deploy

Can I download the firmware and link everything at the house before I deploy? I know where each one is going and they should be well within range of each other. Would rather get it all connected to limit my time on-site.

Can I download the firmware and link everything at the house before I deploy? I know where each one is going and they should be well within range of each other. Would rather get it all connected to limit my time on-site.

yes and thats very good practice, but when you get to the property you should still check link level on the remotes once you set and arm your home camera. Set your home first , arm it and then turn one remote on at a time and go to link level and in sure its coneccted when you place it, then turn the next remote on and do the same etc , etc. Dont use the default channel 01-01- use something unique and keep the numbers at least 8 numbers apart- like 08-17

John, I see that my Tracks cameras updated to 1.4.0 firmware. Do I need to get that on all my Cuddelink L series cameras as well? I already updated them once with 1.3.0 and they seem to be working great.

John, I see that my Tracks cameras updated to 1.4.0 firmware. Do I need to get that on all my Cuddelink L series cameras as well? I already updated them once with 1.3.0 and they seem to be working great.
you don't , 1.3 helped improve day color images and that is whats important , tracks update via cell automatically but you can hold off your cuddelink's and do them when its convenient

you don't , 1.3 helped improve day color images and that is whats important , tracks update via cell automatically but you can hold off your cuddelink's and do them when its convenient
WhenI finally do update my L cameras, Can I do them piecemeal, or do I need to get them all at once? It is a big network and it takes quite a while to get to all of the cameras.

WhenI finally do update my L cameras, Can I do them piecemeal, or do I need to get them all at once? It is a big network and it takes quite a while to get to all of the cameras.
you can do them piecemeal, if there is ever an update where all need it we let everyone know but that is rare.

1.4 fixes a minor bug in the prime time( version of time lapse) feature which most don't use , if you dont use prime time you dont need to update

Cameras received and updated firmware this evening. New memory cards are on the way. Talk to me about settings. I will deploy these on a bean field. What kind of picture burst and delay should I be using. I am unfamiliar with transmitting images so I am totally in the dark. My home camera will be accessible nearly any time, but with the hope of leaving the remotes untouched for long periods what am I looking at? New SD’s are 128G so they should store a decent amount.

Cameras received and updated firmware this evening. New memory cards are on the way. Talk to me about settings. I will deploy these on a bean field. What kind of picture burst and delay should I be using. I am unfamiliar with transmitting images so I am totally in the dark. My home camera will be accessible nearly any time, but with the hope of leaving the remotes untouched for long periods what am I looking at? New SD’s are 128G so they should store a decent amount.

I dont think 128gb cards are necessary. Cudde recommends cards no bigger than 32gb.