Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I will warn you digau56, if you have several cameras that are even just a little bit active at the same time, the system will back log for days. By doing that you are accomplishing the exact opposite of what you wanted. I've been there and done that. I now have mine set to 1 hour and I rarely have any back log. Although it does happen at times.
Thanks Bpressley, I really appreciate the input. So the "1 hour" setting you mentioned refers to how often the cell home sends a batch or is it how often the remote sends a batch to the home unit?

Good grief!! LOL All I'm trying to do, besides monitor the wildlife, is get notified ASAP when I have a trespasser on my property! I can't go out and run them off if I don't get the pics for several hours. Thanks guys. Running version 7.4, don't think I will upgrade to 7.7. My problem is I'm having a hard time figuring out what exactly all the terms mean. Is FAP the time between pictures during a burst, or is it the reset time between triggers? Same for the 5 sec. delay! Sorry, but I have read the manuals until nearly blind and am still confused. :-)
Confusion reigns supreme!! You're not alone! :emoji_relaxed:

FAP (Fast as Possible) and 5 sec delay refer to the reset time between triggers... a.k.a., camera delay or dwell.

Is there a single point of ingress/egress that trespassers on you property use?

Good grief!! LOL All I'm trying to do, besides monitor the wildlife, is get notified ASAP when I have a trespasser on my property! I can't go out and run them off if I don't get the pics for several hours. Thanks guys. Running version 7.4, don't think I will upgrade to 7.7. My problem is I'm having a hard time figuring out what exactly all the terms mean. Is FAP the time between pictures during a burst, or is it the reset time between triggers? Same for the 5 sec. delay! Sorry, but I have read the manuals until nearly blind and am still confused. :-)
if your main objective is to catch trespassers in real time a multiple camera network is not ideal for you. You could run one Dual cell on its own plan and keep the batch at 1 if you want real time images to help you catch them in the act. Running a cuddelink network has limitations. One being that you need need to accept that receiving images with a degree of delay is the norm. The most efficient setting is batch 30 but many users get away with 10-15 without backlogging images to the point where it cant keep up. the shortest delay that insures you get all images transmitted from remotes to home is 5 seconds, 1 per trigger . There has been a ton of confusion and questions on this and that is part of the reason we updated 7.7 so that the burst, and delays under 5 seconds are disabled when in Cuddelink mode. The main goal in the design is to allow users to monitor without intrusion at a low cost , and allow that to happen anywhere, in any of type of scenario irregardless if cell connectivity is everywhere on a piece of property.

Gotta look close at those assumed blank pictures! Had to zoom in to see this mouse!

Attachments

• ADD6B961-04B3-41A1-A625-25E503BFB652.jpeg
    ADD6B961-04B3-41A1-A625-25E503BFB652.jpeg
    541.4 KB · Views: 41
Do you think you can just run a "rat tail" on the home unit to increase the RFsignal of all the remotes?

This is very intriguing. Any more than info on placement etc?

I just grounded it underneath the metal on antenna and let it hang straight down. No guarantees, but it appeared to help while I was there. It was 99+ degrees in the woods and I really didn’t give it my full attention, but it appears to help some. I had another camera under a hill that it didn’t really help at all or very little anyway. It will be 2-3 weeks before I get back to club. Maybe I can give it a little more effort.

I’m wondering if it would help if I got it away from tree by using a stand like Cudde makes. I would get a good signal, walk 4ft to a tree and lose signal.

“Necessity is the mother to all inventions”
I have noticed a lot of issues with this as well. Stand away from the tree service place it the holder no service.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Do you think you can just run a "rat tail" on the home unit to increase the RFsignal of all the remotes?

I did but couldn’t tell much difference. But my home camera is over a hill. That’s part of my problem. I’m moving it up hill next time.

I’m also going to make or buy some post mounts. Seems like everywhere I have a signal there is no tree!

I did but couldn’t tell much difference. But my home camera is over a hill. That’s part of my problem. I’m moving it up hill next time.

I’m also going to make or buy some post mounts. Seems like everywhere I have a signal there is no tree!

I laid my camera on ground while I was putting the strap on tree and had a GOOD signal, mounted camera and instantly WEAK signal. I wonder if a tree influences signal?

Switching gears a bit- but I have started with 3 g series cams and a cell home unit. Everything has been going well but one camera that was on a feeder filled an 8gb card and that camera since having it’s SD filled stopped sending me pictures. I knew it was full by the red exclamation mark on my daily report. My other 2 are sending fine. My question is how can I avoid this in the future? Is there an overwrite setting ? All I can find is in the manual to put it on surveillance mode as it will delete oldest image and allow space for new. Not sure what all surveillance mode entails compared to ez mode from the manual. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Switching gears a bit- but I have started with 3 g series cams and a cell home unit. Everything has been going well but one camera that was on a feeder filled an 8gb card and that camera since having it’s SD filled stopped sending me pictures. I knew it was full by the red exclamation mark on my daily report. My other 2 are sending fine. My question is how can I avoid this in the future? Is there an overwrite setting ? All I can find is in the manual to put it on surveillance mode as it will delete oldest image and allow space for new. Not sure what all surveillance mode entails compared to ez mode from the manual. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Use a 32GB SD card.

Use a 32GB SD card.
:emoji_point_up_2: Yep! :emoji_point_up_2:

Or if you're set on 20 MP pics you'll get about 3 times as many pics on the 8GB card if you switch to 5 MP (well over 16,000 pics). Surveillance mode is too restrictive in options... I wouldn't recommend it.

when a remote card fills it moves to repeater mode, a larger card and longer camera delay would be my first step along with making sure your image size is 5mp.

Having issue with the new cell. Signed up for the plan but when I do the CC test it keeps giving me a failure. On my account it shows the device as activated and I have LTE on my Verizon phone. On the cell menu it is turned on and I have it setup in the cuddelink menu as home. Was on customer support for about 20 min on hold and then it gave me the main menu again so I was going to be on hold again. Got to head to a soccer game so I will try later unless someone has an idea that works for me. Thanks,

Thanks everyone for the replies- this thread is awesome for info and answering questions

just so everyone is clear - the new Dual Power Bank that is planned for release later this year will allow you to use both alkaline d's and rechargeable batteries at the same time with a solar panel. Or... you can use all alkaline if you dont want to use solar. Dual power bank has two banks , The unit will run on the rechargeable bank until its exhausted(if this happens) and then switch to the 2nd alkaline bank. If that bank is exhausted it will switch to the internal batteries in the camera. The daily report will show you the which power bank is in use so you are aware of what condition they are in.
this will insure the longest time possible for any camera. The dual power bank will work with any cuddelink camera, DUAL CELL, J series and G series. There will be some G series cameras that will need an adapter plug to work with the Dual power bank but that will be available for those that need it.
That sounds awesome!

I wanted to give everyone an update waiting on the dual power bank, there will be some hitting the market place soon. If you want to use them with the solar option your wait will be a bit longer. Cuddeback needed to develop a safe way to allow a solar panel to plug into it. It will only allow it to be used with a specific cable so a user doesnt indavertently harm the electronics in the camera if its used incorrectly. As a result, we will have another solar panel option coming with two outputs that will allow the panel to be plugged into a dual power bank or any cuddelink camera directly by using the correct cable choice. As a result , The current solar panel will not work with the dual power bank. The current solar panel will only work when plugged directly plugged into a J or K camera and rechargeable batteries are used in the camera itself(or used with a g adapter on the old g).
Long story short, if you are planning on purchasing the Dual power bank this fall, you will only be able to use it with alkaline d's until the new solar panel option arrives which will be to late for the 2019 season. There still is an advantage to the Dual power bank in that you can run two banks of alkaline D's in it that will power the camera and switch over to the second bank when the first one dies. This will be helpful for those wanting extremely long battery life and also for extended life in cold temps. When the new solar panel arrives you will be able to use the DPB with solar in one bank and alkaline in the other.
If you own the current solar kit and were intending to use it with the DPB we will work with you when the new models arrive so you dont have a panel you cant use. PM me for details if that is your situation.
There are some really exciting improvements coming via firmware in the future that will really make this system even more desirable. We are in the testing faze now. It will make Cuddelink even better than it already is. All existing cameras will be able to be updated as well so no worries for all of you currently using the system. As usual, those on this forum will be some of the first to know!

I wanted to give everyone an update waiting on the dual power bank, there will be some hitting the market place soon. If you want to use them with the solar option your wait will be a bit longer. Cuddeback needed to develop a safe way to allow a solar panel to plug into it. It will only allow it to be used with a specific cable so a user doesnt indavertently harm the electronics in the camera if its used incorrectly. As a result, we will have another solar panel option coming with two outputs that will allow the panel to be plugged into a dual power bank or any cuddelink camera directly by using the correct cable choice. As a result , The current solar panel will not work with the dual power bank. The current solar panel will only work when plugged directly plugged into a J or K camera and rechargeable batteries are used in the camera itself(or used with a g adapter on the old g).
Long story short, if you are planning on purchasing the Dual power bank this fall, you will only be able to use it with alkaline d's until the new solar panel option arrives which will be to late for the 2019 season. There still is an advantage to the Dual power bank in that you can run two banks of alkaline D's in it that will power the camera and switch over to the second bank when the first one dies. This will be helpful for those wanting extremely long battery life and also for extended life in cold temps. When the new solar panel arrives you will be able to use the DPB with solar in one bank and alkaline in the other.
If you own the current solar kit and were intending to use it with the DPB we will work with you when the new models arrive so you dont have a panel you cant use. PM me for details if that is your situation.
There are some really exciting improvements coming via firmware in the future that will really make this system even more desirable. We are in the testing faze now. It will make Cuddelink even better than it already is. All existing cameras will be able to be updated as well so no worries for all of you currently using the system. As usual, those on this forum will be some of the first to know!
That's really good news. I'm already pushing 4 months on just the 3358 and haven't hit the internal batteries yet. With the dual power bank I bet I could almost go the entire year without a battery change.

That's really good news. I'm already pushing 4 months on just the 3358 and haven't hit the internal batteries yet. With the dual power bank I bet I could almost go the entire year without a battery change.

Same here. I’m hitting 80+ days on externals and several thousand pictures.

if your main objective is to catch trespassers in real time a multiple camera network is not ideal for you. You could run one Dual cell on its own plan and keep the batch at 1 if you want real time images to help you catch them in the act. Running a cuddelink network has limitations. One being that you need need to accept that receiving images with a degree of delay is the norm. The most efficient setting is batch 30 but many users get away with 10-15 without backlogging images to the point where it cant keep up. the shortest delay that insures you get all images transmitted from remotes to home is 5 seconds, 1 per trigger . There has been a ton of confusion and questions on this and that is part of the reason we updated 7.7 so that the burst, and delays under 5 seconds are disabled when in Cuddelink mode. The main goal in the design is to allow users to monitor without intrusion at a low cost , and allow that to happen anywhere, in any of type of scenario irregardless if cell connectivity is everywhere on a piece of property.
Well, shame on me for having unreasonable expectations! LOL Thanks John

Last edited:
Well it turns out that the cell camera is defective so I am going to try and exchange at Cabela’s. Customer support said warranty is 2 weeks right now so I would be better to return.