Could news outlets become any more obviously biased?

Knehrke

5 year old buck +
It doesn't matter if they lean right or left. Most of the news being reported today is opinion in the guise of facts. The headlines read. "So and so said, so and so slams, so and so raises doubts, so and so dismisses, so and so praises..." and on and on ad nauseam. You just find somebody whose opinion fits your world view, then use them as a mouthpiece to validate your position. It is simple propaganda. And embarrassing to see. What ever happened to "just the facts"? I am firmly Republican - CNN makes me laugh - but then I go on Fox News and cringe. The inmates have taken over the asylum.

Here's a quote from the first article. The sheriff plainly says he thinks this is a possible scenario...

"Ayub said it was still speculation, but it was possible Rivera got caught in some currents that appear in the lake in the afternoon.
"The idea perhaps being that the boat started drifting, it was unanchored," Ayub said. "And that she mustered enough energy to get her son back onto the boat but not enough to save herself.""
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ornia-where-actress-naya-rivera-went-n1233665

Here is how CNN reported it. Completely took the sheriffs words and made them mean something else.

"(CNN)Naya Rivera used the last of her strength to save her 4-year-old son before she died, Ventura County Sheriff Bill Ayub said Monday.

"She mustered enough energy to get her son back onto the boat, but not enough to save herself," Ayub said."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/13/entertainment/naya-rivera-search-body-found/index.html

Read the letter that the producer sent after resigning. She said she and her work are a cancer.
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/MSNBC-ariana-pekary-news-ratings/2020/08/05/id/980685/

It doesn't matter if they lean right or left. Most of the news being reported today is opinion in the guise of facts. The headlines read. "So and so said, so and so slams, so and so raises doubts, so and so dismisses, so and so praises..." and on and on ad nauseam. You just find somebody whose opinion fits your world view, then use them as a mouthpiece to validate your position. It is simple propaganda. And embarrassing to see. What ever happened to "just the facts"? I am firmly Republican - CNN makes me laugh - but then I go on Fox News and cringe. The inmates have taken over the asylum.

Amen.

There is no such thing as an election year anymore, we are always in election cycle.

‘That must be the reason the media keep bringing up Cuomo 2024. LOL. They‘re already 4 years out on election news.

I think the news organizations just need to have disclosures. For instance Fox could disclose they lean conservative, start out each day with this disclosure. CNN,MSNBC could do the same, we lean Democratic, and we hate Trump. Do that and people can decide what the want to watch.

I think the news organizations just need to have disclosures. For instance Fox could disclose they lean conservative, start out each day with this disclosure. CNN,MSNBC could do the same, we lean Democratic, and we hate Trump. Do that and people can decide what the want to watch.
Most people are halfway decent at reading between the lines.

Everybody already knows the bias's. They go to those sources for affirmation, not information.

I would love reporting of facts with opinion pieces left out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I hear ya, but CNN will never admit that their whole purpose is to hate on Trump. On one site visit to CNN.com in 2020 they had 26 Trump articles that you could view (all negative). Complete obsession, never seen anything like it.

S[/QUOTE]

‘That must be the reason the media keep bringing up Cuomo 2024. LOL. They‘re already 4 years out on election news.
That would be a republican dream come true.

I'd get my news from BBC or Aljazeera, but I suspect that foreign news agencies are just as bad, but maybe in less identifiable ways lol. I propose we start a news agency where the criteria is you have to own a chainsaw and have planted over 100 trees - and at least half the content needs to be habitat-related. We may disagree with each other, sometimes, but at least we know where we stand. Tubes or cages? Headline: "S.T. Fanatic slams tubes, says all right-minded people use cages" :emoji_laughing::emoji_thumbsup:

Reactions: DJN
I truly miss Walter Cronkite and Paul Harvey :( Journalism is truly dead in America, nobody digs up their own facts/story anymore, they are all just talking heads that regurgitate the same garbage, the left news says one thing and FOX reports the other side of the story but with alot of opinion.
I used to trust BBC and NPR but they both went rogue as well. Not sure if that statement is true, try and find a positive story on our current President. If it is good news (and there has been a lot) they either ignore the story or they put a bad spin on it.
If anyone questions how many good things Trump has done for this country, I would gladly post a VERY long list that I have been tracking and noting.

Nope it’s not possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I truly miss Walter Cronkite and Paul Harvey :( Journalism is truly dead in America, nobody digs up their own facts/story anymore, they are all just talking heads that regurgitate the same garbage, the left news says one thing and FOX reports the other side of the story but with alot of opinion.
I used to trust BBC and NPR but they both went rogue as well. Not sure if that statement is true, try and find a positive story on our current President. If it is good news (and there has been a lot) they either ignore the story or they put a bad spin on it.
If anyone questions how many good things Trump has done for this country, I would gladly post a VERY long list that I have been tracking and noting.
Let's see the list! I would like a summary of the last 3 years.

Have you been following the stock market thread on here?

Have you been following the stock market thread on here?

Nope, but I can look for it...

A Harley Biker is sitting on his Harley, drinking a beer, by the Zoo in Washington, DC when he sees a little girl leaning into the lion's cage.

Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the collar of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to slaughter her, under the eyes of her screaming parents.

The biker jumps off his Harley, runs to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch. Whimpering from the pain the lion jumps back letting go of the girl, and the biker brings the girl to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly. A reporter has watched the whole event.

The reporter addressing the Harley rider says, “Sir, this was the most gallant and bravest thing I've seen a man do in my whole life.”

The Harley rider replies, “Why, it was nothing, really. The lion was behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger, and acted as I felt right.”

The reporter says, “Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a journalist, you know, and tomorrow's paper will have this story on the front page. So, what do you do for a living, and what political affiliation do you have?”

The biker replies "I'm a U.S. Marine, a Republican and I’m voting for Trump."

The journalist leaves.

The following morning the biker buys the paper to see if it indeed brings news of his actions, and reads, on the front page:

“U.S. MARINE ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT & STEALS HIS LUNCH”

And THAT pretty much sums up the media's approach to the news these days!

:emoji_laughing: