Clover/weed question

Someday isle

5 year old buck +
Looking for advice. Last year I did the LC mix minus the peas with a mixture of both medium red and white clovers. The clover has done decently enough but we've had some hot weather the couole weeks or so and the weeds are starting to get pretty bad in some areas. I plan on discing the clover under this summer and once again using the LC mix but this year with the peas (around Labor Day again depending on weather). It worked great last year. Here's my question - would you suggest spraying the weedy areas before discing or would you just disc the weeds under with the clover? Last year I sprayed everything because it was just brush and overgrown thick stuff. It had never been planted before. .The LC mix was pretty weed free last fall and through the winter but I had killed everything else. This year I wonder if the weeds will try to compete with my seed.

I wouldn't spray if I was going to disc, unless it's so thick you are worried about cutting it.

I'm the other way around. I wouldn't disk if your are going to spray. I'd spray, skip the peas, and no-till or min-till the LC mix.

Thanks,

Jack