Central leader advice verified - Thanks

Bowsnbucks

5 year old buck +
I have to say thanks to the apple tree folks on here for the advice and pix of how to deal with a young tree's leader. Someone posted pix of how they strip the leaves downward from the top terminal shoot for about 6 or 8 inches. This was explained as a good way to get upward growth of the central leader. I don't remember who posted the pix or who gave advice on how it works ( may be several people on here ), but it works.

I did as advised and this summer so far I've seen an average of 18" of upward growth of the leaders. The trees are 2 and 3 yrs. in the ground. And the summer isn't over yet !! All I know is - the trees are getting taller and shaping up for a good future. Thanks again to all you guys for the many great tips. Many contribute here ........ and we all benefit !!:):cool:

CrazyEd and Maya have lots of posts on this topic and CE has posted this picture a couple of times (sorry for the link to the dark side): https://www.qdma.com/forums/showpost.php?p=591744&postcount=6

And you're right, following their advice re: pinching really does wonders to direct the tree's growth where you want it!