Can you ID these mature apple rootstocks....

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
A few years ago I set a few apple trees on an unknown rootstock (got a bargain). Two of them died but new growth came back from the rootstock. I just let them grow to see what they would become. They are getting pretty big now and haven't had fruit yet. I was wondering if anyone could ID what they might be from some pictures. They have some serious THORNS. Just wondering what to expect when (and IF) they start bearing.

That second pic looks just like some of my wild crabs.

That second pic looks just like some of my wild crabs.

I was thinking it had a crabapple look too. I'm really curious what the fruit will be, and by the growth rate of them I may get to see this year.

Looks allot like my Siberian crab

Wow - looks almost identical to me.

The parenting of rootsocks come from various different crabs and apples, Siberian being 1 of them. Some have several different "parents in them. Geneva rootstocks are generally made up of Robusta5 and whatever else to make up the various rootstocks they have. All fairly yellow/green when young. I'd have to look it up, but Budagovsky are all fairly red when young. They are all made up with a red standard (I think) plus others to make up there rootstocks.

So the will look pretty similar even though they could very greatly in size etc.

Looks allot like my Siberian crab

How big is that apple, Lee?

It looks like some of my seedlings that are still holding fruit about 1 inch in diameter. Some are in clusters some aren't.

Not super big, this one is getting changed over, to what I don't know yet, maybe even a multi varieties