Cafeteria plot experiment

4 week update..with a good amount of rain and hot days, the brassica mix has taken off and the clovers are actually starting to get some growth on them. The random sorghum from the GRO mix is at least a foot tall too. The buckwheat seems to be getting browsed the most, but that was expected. Overall very pleased..also had this buck in the plot in daylight.IMG_3803.jpegIMG_3765.jpegIMG_3761.jpeg

4 week update..with a good amount of rain and hot days, the brassica mix has taken off and the clovers are actually starting to get some growth on them. The random sorghum from the GRO mix is at least a foot tall too. The buckwheat seems to be getting browsed the most, but that was expected. Overall very pleased..also had this buck in the plot in daylight.View attachment 66917View attachment 66918View attachment 66919
Then top seed some rye, wheat or both mid September, be awesome!!

Plan to do just that ..maybe a mix of the two and maybe some triticale also…

Plan to do just that ..maybe a mix of the two and maybe some triticale also…
Never tried triticale, have always want too. It's not readily available around me, how is the usage compared to rye and wheat?

I have an Amish farm store near me that has WR, WW, oats and triticale at reasonable prices. I noticed a bit of an uptick in usage last year compared to just WR

7 ish week update?
Brassica and turnips are getting big and clover is starting to fill in the in between spots, but figure some cooler weather will help that along..interesting note that the bottom half of this plot was burned earlier this spring is markedly more sparse than the non burned top part..not sure if this is due to the decent slope or if the fire ate up some nutrients…still very pleased overall..IMG_7078.jpegIMG_6928.jpeg

7 ish week update?
Brassica and turnips are getting big and clover is starting to fill in the in between spots, but figure some cooler weather will help that along..interesting note that the bottom half of this plot was burned earlier this spring is markedly more sparse than the non burned top part..not sure if this is due to the decent slope or if the fire ate up some nutrients…still very pleased overall..View attachment 67693View attachment 67694
Looking great!!!