Cadet spray safe to eat deer?

Frosted brassica

5 year old buck +
Farmer is going to mix in cadet when spraying RR beans to control more resistant broadleaves like morning glory.

I scanned label which says to not feed livestock the hay or such and with corn to wait 30-40 days before cutting for feed.

I have crop damage permits and like to fill the freezer from that field in the summer.

Can I eat deer from that farm any time soon?

Where can I learn more?

Thanks sharing your knowledge.

This is just gut feel but I’d imagine a wild deers diet is varied enough that they wouldn’t ingest enough chemical to then cause you a problem.

I’d imagine a cow eating it day in and day out and then you slaughter and eat the cow could be worse.

Again, just a guess on my end.

To be sure contact the chemical manufacturer and explain to them what your situation is and see what they have to say. I would bet you will be OK, but getting feedback from the company will give you some piece of mind as well. To be honest many other chemical labels may say the same thing...... I can't say I have read the labels that closely before.

Even 2,4-D has a 7 day graze or harvest interval.

To be sure contact the chemical manufacturer and explain to them what your situation is and see what they have to say. I would bet you will be OK, but getting feedback from the company will give you some piece of mind as well. To be honest many other chemical labels may say the same thing...... I can't say I have read the labels that closely before.

Yeah, I called the company that makes cadet and they said the warning on the label is because they haven’t studied livestock grazing in beans because it is not common and thus not worth researching. So label cautions against grazing beans. Label says wait 30 days before cutting corn for silage.

Glyphosate says wait 4 days to graze or hay.

Guess the science isnt done for deer hunters.

Yeah, I called the company that makes cadet and they said the warning on the label is because they haven’t studied livestock grazing in beans because it is not common and thus not worth researching. So label cautions against grazing beans. Label says wait 30 days before cutting corn for silage.

Glyphosate says wait 4 days to graze or hay.

Guess the science isnt done for deer hunters.

Following up in case other have the same question.

After much calling around to my state agencies and the epa I was told to call the national pesticide information center. They were very helpful and were able to search their database by chemical name and found a study where they fed goats and chickens the cadet chemical and the meat, milk, and eggs were considered safe for sale.

Here is the link if anyone is searching here for info on cadet

Pesticide Tolerance Petition Filing: Fluthiacet-methyl
https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-1997-03-26/pdf/97-7222.pdf

Even 2,4-D has a 7 day graze or harvest interval.

So does clethodim I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk