C-Tine Cultivator

Sconnie

5 year old buck +
Hi All,

Looking to add to the food plot fleet. We currently have a JD 850 Tractor (turf tires/2 wd) with brushmower, lawn roller and rototiller. Our two food plots equal about 2 acres and sit on sandy loam flat land. I am not a fan of messing with the rototiller (it's heavy to put on, gets clogged up) although it has its place to break new ground. A C-tine Cultivator is on my list to minimize tillage in existing plots and heavy lifting! I like the looks, price and weight of the King Kutter One Row C-tine Cultivator. Plus I can get it locally at Farm and Fleet.

My questions: Does anyone have one/use a c-tine (very few online reviews)?

Will it do what I want (break up thatch/ prep soil for planting)?

Is this ~25 hp tractor capable of pulling it through sandy loam, NO rocks with turf tires?

Thanks for any input!

I bought an old 3 point field cultivator off craigslist from an old vegetable farmer for 100 bucks and it works awesome. I use to use a rototiller and spent more time under it that driving around. We always set it down drag off all the trash and than drop it in 2-3 inches. After than spread seed than have an old 4 foot drag section we drag around. You will have no problem pulling it around here is one that is little prices but something like I have. Also if you have problems can always take off some teeth but don't think you will have a problem.

http://appleton.craigslist.org/grd/5866318714.html

Awesome, just the response I needed. I too get so sick of cutting crap out of the rototiller. I keep hunting CL but the decent buys go so fast! I may buy a new King Kutter just for the shiny paint job. Thanks BigShooter

For sure you won't be disappointed. Might take few passes to get it perfect but way faster than a rototiller. In my opinion.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk