All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burning Logged Areas

younggun1849

5 year old buck +
I keep hearing more and more about burning your woods. I want to find someone who knows what they are doing and set up a few burns on our property. I would like to burn an area we logged a month ago. I'm in Western Wisconsin, a point in the right direction would be great. I dont do fire, but want to find someone who does.

I use the University of Wisconsin Stevens Point fire crew to do the controlled burns on my prairie. My land is only 25 miles Southeast from UW-SP so it works out great for me. They have done 7 controlled burns for me over a period of 26 years. This is an after school volunteer group of young men and women, most of whom are Natural Resources majors in school. I do not know if they do woods or how far they will travel. They have written a burn plan for my land. You can go online and find their contact information. Hope this helps.

My forrester recommended waiting a season after logging before burning

He says fire would burn "too hot" if burning right away

bill