Burenglish oak???

These acorns you sent me are doing wonderful!

many thanks.

These acorns you sent me are doing wonderful!

many thanks.
They do have an exceptionally high germination rate.

Mine all germed well up here too! The first one I planted right away is sitting in a tube and hasn't grown more than a couple inches this year but its clean and green. The ones that got neglected and left in the fridge for too long and planted late last year are mostly now doing better than the first one. All are caged. Hopefully they all put a bit more growth on next year! They all made it through the winter but we had a ton of snow to insulate too.

They do have an exceptionally high germination rate.
I just regret I pushed em outside because I had to leave on business.

so some of the better ones froze out In the pots .

iIf you could send me more this year I won’t be so foolish.

due to the gravity irrigation on our farm and us being away sometimes some areas of the farm causes flooding, I have some swamp whites exhibit chlorosis.

your acorns just keep on trucking. I lost track of what was was what…..but now in the field I can identify yours.

So far I have the most confidence in yours To flourish on our deal.

okios seed company has the bur English as one of their most expensive hybrid acorn.

thanks again

John

I just regret I pushed em outside because I had to leave on business.

so some of the better ones froze out In the pots .

iIf you could send me more this year I won’t be so foolish.

due to the gravity irrigation which in some areas of the farm causes flooding, some swamp whites exhibit chlorosis.

your acorns just keep on trucking. I lost track of what was was what…..but now in the field I can identify yours.

So far I have the most confidence in yours.

okios seed company has the bur English as one of their most expensive hybrid acorn.

thanks again

John
Is Oikos still a source that actually sells stuff? I've never seen any of the desired acorns/scion actually available and I've emailed with them about it.

Is Oikos still a source that actually sells stuff? I've never seen any of the desired acorns/scion actually available and I've emailed with them about it.
It looks like everything is out of stock. I still get emails from them, but it's just articles.

BTW, the burenglish that I planted last year from these acorns are near the top of 5' tubes this year. Out-grew anything else that I planted last year, except a couple english and sawtooth. They look like tremendous trees!

In October I’ll collect more of these acorns for anyone interested in trying some this fall.

Few minutes picking today. Look under that not very large tree in the photo tons of acorns for such a small tree and has been that way for the last three years I’ve watched them.
IMG_0352.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0351.jpeg
    IMG_0351.jpeg
    546 KB · Views: 19
Looks great!

Awesomeness

Guys I didn’t float test those acorns before shipping them out I’d be curious how many floaters you get.

After I shipped those out that evening I had about two more quart bags left over I float tested them and had zero floaters for reference. Those acorns do get splits more than any other I’ve collected and those I try to leave behind but the splits ones all have sound healthy nut meats in them that I’ve seen. I’m likely going to collect more in the next week or two and stick in the nut fridge for the winter so anyone else wanting some to try I should have them.

Picked about another half of ice cream pail full of these acorns had 4 floaters.IMG_0412.jpeg

Any more available?

Your shipment to me only had one floater. Many Thanks

John