All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

buckwheat

TreeDaddy

5 year old buck +
60$/50# at east texas seed company tyler,texas

Just curious what the rest of you are seeing this year

bill

About the same here this year.

$42-50# for us

As a farmer that grows buckwheat I can tell you them guys are making good money on their seed We sell ours cleaned to 99.9% for food quality and get nowhere even close to those prices. If you guys were closer I would sell for much cheaper than you are paying. If anyone is close to Me and need seed let me know and I could help a guy out.

If I may ask, where are you located, Sir?
Thanks
Louie

I’m in Central North Dakota

I do like to buy seed from the farmer who grows the seed. North Mississipi to you is a bit of a stroll but I do like to see new country and meet the people who make a living in the fields.
Will shoot you a Pm
Thanks
Louie

Baker/Lewi,

If you don’t mind me asking, where are y’all getting your seed from? I’m in North LA (Jackson Parish) and am looking for a source in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get my seed from Pettrus Feed and Seed , Alexandria.

Fro what it's worth here is more pricing:
soybean, regular non GMO--$22
Joint vetch-$249---worth every penny
Pearl millet--$63
Peredovic sunflower--$25
WGF sorghum--$32
brown top millet--$32.50
cowpeas--$48--in short supply here
Sunnhemp--$95---think I can get them to lower price some
They cant get sesame but I'll keep looking

144, There is a great feed store in West Monroe where I get the Redmonds mineral from. Unfortunately cant remember name but it is right by Duck Commander HQ. Look up Redmond mineral dealers and that may lead you to them and they do a good job with seed.

Farm mgr. to the rescue\West Farm Supply in West Monroe on Thomas Street. Have no idea on their pricing but worth asking

I get my seed from Pettrus Feed and Seed , Alexandria.

Fro what it's worth here is more pricing:
soybean, regular non GMO--$22
Joint vetch-$249---worth every penny
Pearl millet--$63
Peredovic sunflower--$25
WGF sorghum--$32
brown top millet--$32.50
cowpeas--$48--in short supply here
Sunnhemp--$95---think I can get them to lower price some
They cant get sesame but I'll keep looking

144, There is a great feed store in West Monroe where I get the Redmonds mineral from. Unfortunately cant remember name but it is right by Duck Commander HQ. Look up Redmond mineral dealers and that may lead you to them and they do a good job with seed.

Thanks Baker. I’ll check with Pettrus, probably will be heading that way in a few weeks.

Yep, you’re talking about West Farm and Supply. That’s where we get our Redmond mineral too. Haven’t checked with them on Buckwheat, didn’t even think to. I’ll give them a call.

Appreciate the reply.

I bought some buckwheat seed from Hancock seed,planning on planting this weekend buy all rest of seed from local farmer/dealer

Thanks Baker. I’ll check with Pettrus, probably will be heading that way in a few weeks.

Yep, you’re talking about West Farm and Supply. That’s where we get our Redmond mineral too. Haven’t checked with them on Buckwheat, didn’t even think to. I’ll give them a call.

Appreciate the reply.

Give me a holler if you are in town and I'll show you around farm if interested. I'm about 15 mins from Petrus. PM me and I'll get you a number

50 lb Bag here in Central MN just under $35

$1/lb is the best I could do this year.

$44.00

Are your co-ops all just carrying it or do you have to order it?

I had to have it ordered.

Have to order it. I comes from about 100 miles away from me.

50 lb Bag here in Central MN just under $35
where'd you buy it from in MN?