Bucks of '21-22

seems that the larger bucks here in north central PA are only really moving at night (not surprising with the high temps)....all of these pics were taken on or very near food plots though...so it might take a few cold fronts and colder days to get them out with the sun still shining
View attachment 37772View attachment 37773View attachment 37774View attachment 37775
Picking the corn and beans around me already. Hopefully they'll start hitting the food plots more after that happens.

Picking the corn and beans around me already. Hopefully they'll start hitting the food plots more after that happens.
i have the same hope still lots of standing corn and beans around..i think this week and next being mostly dry will help them get those fields cleaned up

Not a great story. Gut shot him on the 5th. He laid down and i shot him again high. And then it poured. Tracking dog spent 5 hours looking the next night. Made it within 30 yards. I was back at it a day or two later and paddled around a nearby pond and finally found him. Mentally exhausting, but I was happy to get closure.

a358fba443dc5d34ad31c3558b5b76da.jpg

9e63f7ab97f4c4a0b1cb161dad1a917c.jpg

21a09f097839ccabc91b1b26e6554027.jpg

It obviously hurts to lose the meat, but good to find him with the rack intact. My best buck by about 20 inches. Now waiting to find a cape for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious what he scored looks like a heck of a deer.

Curious what he scored looks like a heck of a deer.

I’ve never scored a deer but we’re guessing (hoping?) he’d gross 170, his mass is wonderful.

sorry you didn't recover him quickly, G, but man, what a deer! Congrats on seeing it thru. There's something to be said about that.

Not a great story. Gut shot him on the 5th. He laid down and i shot him again high. And then it poured. Tracking dog spent 5 hours looking the next night. Made it within 30 yards. I was back at it a day or two later and paddled around a nearby pond and finally found him. Mentally exhausting, but I was happy to get closure.

It obviously hurts to lose the meat, but good to find him with the rack intact. My best buck by about 20 inches. Now waiting to find a cape for him.

Nice buck G! Always sucks when you can't recover them quickly to save the meat, but you did put in the work to recover him.

I’ve never scored a deer but we’re guessing (hoping?) he’d gross 170, his mass is wonderful.

From what I can see I do not think that is far off. A lot of time length also.

Wow! nice buck . You should post it up in successful hunts, because it was. we've all lost meat. we haven't all smacked a beast like that....
congrats...

Glad you stuck it out and recovered such a beautiful buck. Bummer about the meat but it happens. Thanks for sharing.

If any of you guys want to adopt a 50yo and give him hunting rights, I will volunteer!